Daughter follwed off 363 bus

ozzy

Just wanted to make people aware ,my 18 year old daughter was followed off the 363 bus by Hornimans park this evening ,by an asian man who was pestering her to go with him and spend the day with him ,even after she told him she had a son and boyfriend ,thankfully my daughter was unharmed and able to run away from this man .The reason im am letting you all know is a woman was attacked very near to where we live on Sydenham hill ,he has dark hair in the old curtain style ,slim build about 5 foot 7 ish .

Yes do report it. When my 17yr old goes out, I allow her to come as far as the Lane and ill drive and meet her at the bus stop. I don't let her walk down the residential streets alone. It's such a shame. Hope your daughters ok.she also babysits in the Dulwich area. It can be midnight before she is finished. I get out of my bed to collect her. There's no way I will allow her to walk. Better to be safe than sorry I always tell her. Once again hope your daughters ok

maritap Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Yes do report it. When my 17yr old goes out, I allow her to come as far as the Lane and ill drive

> and meet her at the bus stop. I don't let her walk down the residential streets alone. It's such a

> shame. Hope your daughters ok.she also babysits in the Dulwich area. It can be midnight before she is

> finished. I get out of my bed to collect her. There's no way I will allow her to walk. Better to

> be safe than sorry I always tell her. Once again hope your daughters ok

Just be glad you don't have a son, then, as he would be statistically far more likely to be physically attacked.

I was followed off the train at East Dulwich and I'm 26. Instead of going home I decided to go to Sainsbury's to buy wine (to calm my nerves!) so I could lose him and he wouldn't know where I live. I was on the phone to the police at the time as I was too scared to get home. They were really good and talked to me the whole time and would make sure that if I saw the guy again and he followed me then they would send some officers. Luckily I lost him but it's a scary situation and I do hope your daughter is ok! 101 police number were fantastic and if your children feel unsafe then call them. I felt I was wasting time, but it's better safe then calling 999 following an attack!

It is horrible when that happenes. I remember a few years ago when i lived in Camberwell and was mugged walking home with my friend - the police looked at CCTV and reckoned he followed us off the night bus. However on a lighter note a few months ago was was followed all the way along East Dulwich Road by a shifty looking man who kept looking at me and checking where i was going - i let him overtake me only to see he was waiting at the end of Solway Road (my road) bit spooked i carried on the 24 hour shop at the end of East Dulwich Road as i turned round the man had nipped in to Solway road and was relieving himslef against the wall - turns out he was desperate for a pee and was waiting for me to go past so he could relieve himself without me watching.

Did you check the possibility of cctv on the bus? The fact that there are cameras on the buses should be used to our advantage, especially in cases like these where you get young ladies feeling unsafe. Another thing, you mentioned that the guy is an 'asian'. Being a south Asian male myself, I've noticed that some of my fellow countrymen, especially the types with 'curtain style' hair as you described, have trouble when communicating with women. What happens in some cases is that the guy tries to either chat a lady up or strike up conversation casually, and ends up being a borderline sexual assault case. I don't mean to detract from the seriousness of the incident, but it is a valid concern I have being of that particular ethnicity myself.

• 5 years later...