Mask wearing on buses

I was in the Post Office and there are signs up everywhere saying to wear a mask in the post office and to social distance. A young woman walked in behind me and had no face mask on and I don't think she would have stopped walking if I hadn't looked at her. She had no exemption badge on so I asked her if she was exempt and pointed to the signs on the wall...she just shrugged!

Then I went to Sainsbury's and spotted quite a few people not wearing a mask but there were more wearing them than not wearing them...

I feel sorry for the staff in these places- they are relying on us being caring and it is obvious that there are a few who couldn't care less!

seenbeen Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I was in the Post Office and there are signs up

> everywhere saying to wear a mask in the post

> office and to social distance. A young woman

> walked in behind me and had no face mask on and I

> don't think she would have stopped walking if I

> hadn't looked at her. She had no exemption badge

> on so I asked her if she was exempt and pointed to

> the signs on the wall...she just shrugged!

> Then I went to Sainsbury's and spotted quite a few

> people not wearing a mask but there were more

> wearing them than not wearing them...

> I feel sorry for the staff in these places- they

> are relying on us being caring and it is obvious

> that there are a few who couldn't care less!

Yes agree-I feel angry at Boris placing the onus upon shop workers, waiting staff and bar tenders to wear masks (where I work we have had to since lockdown ended-the company provided us with masks and no mask you go home.

Likewise I haven't had a single person serve me in a cafe or restaurant without a mask.

BUT in the store I work in I regularly see customers coming in wearing masks then removing them once through the door or dropping the mask to their chins.

The onus is upon everyone-why should people in the service industries have to protect the customers but there is no onus upon the customers to protect us.

We are not allowed to ask customers to wear masks in case we get abused only security can do that and security are there to catch thieves.

Boris's statement as regards customers only stated that customers in restaurants must wear masks until they are seated.

Nothing about customers in supermarkets or stores.

working in a service industry you come into contact with dozens and dozens of people every day-by wearing masks we are protecting THEM-but what are they doing to protect US?

I asked a cafe to put up signs reminding takeaway customers that face coverings were compulsory, which it did a day or so afterwards. If there?s a place not doing their utmost to remind patrons what they?re obliged to do, please ask it to put it right.

The cafe manager was understanding and had already put in other measures so I?ll continue going there.

• 2 weeks later...