Shopify or Squarespace for selling crafts / artworks direct from website?

Naiada

If anyone (in particular artists and craftspeople ) has experience of selling direct from a store on their website - or Instagram - or anywhere online where you can just click and buy, can you let me know the pros + cons of each?

I currently sell through actual galleries (so not so great at the moment with half of them closed) and get quite a lot of buyers contacting me via DM on Instagram, but I don't have Insta and facebook set up as a shopping portal.

A friend sells direct from Facebook - any feedback on that would also be appreciated.

I'm looking for something that looks good visually for my designs and artworks, user friendly for both customers and for me, and which also is not too expensive.

Any recommendations or feedback would be great thanks.

A friend of mine sells her art on Etsy.

Have you looked at that possibility?

I'm afraid I don't know the pros and cons, but I have bought things from the site (not from her) very easily and have also been able to communicate easily with the person selling.

Hi Naiada, I use Squarespace for selling my handmade jewellery (https://www.hello-stud.com/) and highly recommend it. It isn't the cheapest option on the market but I found it relatively simple to set up using their templates and it looks more professional than other platforms IMO. They also have really good customer service it you get stuck. Shopify is very similar and widely used too.

I have a facebook for business page set up too which linked to my store on instagram. It's a bit of a faff to set up but once it's done it's easy to maintain and most of my website traffic is through instagram.

Best of luck for whatever you decide!

Shopify and instagram are where i sell all my items.

I am not arts or crafts i am a fashion brand cons its a little tricky to set up and can take up to two weeks

you need fb catalogue

business acc on insta

link the two

make instagram shoppable

Once it is done its super easy, really fast, trackable sales, and if /when you do fb advertising its all connected people go to your insta or fb account click on what they like tap to see cost and can be redirected straight to your website.

I set up ,mine up in in June make regular sales have over 4k followers and both sales and followers are still growing. my followers are my target audience and customers so its a win win.

Need any other info let me know.

• 6 months later...

Kerry - your Squarespace website and shop look great -https://www.hello-stud.com/ - thanks for sending the link.

I'm tempted by some of your earrings. I hope you are also able to promote them here on the forum.

Archived