Whats the beginning of everything? Is there a beginning??

simba

I was wondering what peoples views are about the beginning of the universe??

Someone said to me have you considered that there might not be any beginning, the universe may just exist, theres no creator. whats peoples views on this please share. many thanks

The Simple Explanation..

The Begining and The End are Human Conceptual Ideals to make Sense of smething we do not comprehend.

The Truth may well be there is no Beging or end.

Like a Circle. No End, no Begining.

Our lives are mere miniscule Arcs of that Circle.

And time existed before we were born and will continue when we have gone.

Still Working on the Complex Explanation.

Hope that Helps... ;)

Fox

I have another theory that proves mathmaically that you for example a bullet fired at you

will never reach you.

For example if someone does fire at you from a set distance, when the bullet has traveled half that distance,

it still has the remaining half of that distance to travel.

and when it has travelled half of the remaining distance, it still has to travel the rest of the remaing distance.

and so when it has travelled half of that distance.. it still has to ......

So it will never reach you.

Never trust Mathematics.

Fox.

I have long entertained the idea that if energy can be spontaneously created and destroyed in tandem with an 'opposing' particle (such that the sum energy of the two is zero), then it provides all the mechanism necessary for creation.

Imagine we are standing on one side of a wall through which a pendulum swings. Without being able to see the other side, and with the swing being inconceivably slow, we perceive this pendulum to have been fabricated from nowhere.

However, from the other side of the wall there's a pendulum shaped hole that's exactly equal and opposite to the one over on our side.

In this manner our universe apparently spontaneously erupted from nowhere, whereas in fact it's simply a ripple in a much larger fabric of space and time matched equally and oppositely elsewhere.

I'm quite happy with such an accidental presence whose sum total contribution is zero. Since it proves unequivocally that we are of no significance I need no further philosophical or religious explanation.

Huguenot Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I'm quite happy with such an accidental presence

> whose sum total contribution is zero. Since it

> proves unequivocally that we are of no

> significance I need no further philosophical or

> religious explanation.

Define significance.

KalamityKel Wrote:

> everything that has a beginning has an end... neo

This reminds me of a rumour I once heard of a German joke about sausages. Sadly, I cannot remember if it was relevant.

Burbage Wrote:

> KalamityKel Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > everything that has a beginning has an end...

> neo

>

> This reminds me of a rumour I once heard of a

> German joke about sausages. Sadly, I cannot

> remember if it was relevant.

So tell us anyway - what's the wurst that can happen.