Art work on Barry Rd

Hi,

Has anyone seen the new art work that seemed to appear over the weekend on Barry Road? It is outside Suzanne James Catering Company next to the garage and it looks amazing! It's so nice to see attractive pieces of colourful art popping up in East Dulwich. There seems to be a lot of underlying detail in the mural with collages going on and a big cupcake stamp! Very fitting given where it is outside. Thanks to the artists who bought this imaginative piece of art to our neighbourhood.

Any plans for anymore??

Yes, it looks fantastic - I get updates through their Facebook page, and it has been done to cover the piece of wood covering their broken window following a break in, a great idea. The art was done by kids from Harris Girls.

Hope it gets put to good use once the window is fixed, it is brilliant.

Hi All

Here is the link to the artwork. I am thrilled you all like it, thank you for your comments.

I am trying to make something positive out of such an horrendous experience - not just for myself having discovered it but also for the whole team who are now coming to work in what was looking like a derelict building.....which of course it is not!

I would like to personally thank (again) the students and teachers at Harris Girls Academy in East Dulwich for their hard work and the thought that went into the project.

We have been overwhelmed by the interest and so please do look out for more details in the Evening Standard, South London Press and Reliant (plus more I hope)

http://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/read.php?6,996510

Would you destroy something perfect to make it more beautiful? #foodforthought!

Saw the article in the Standard tonight. So sorry to hear about the break in, sounds really awful. Well done for getting Harris girls involved - I saw the mural this evening, I hope you can get it made permanent, it would be an excellent addition to that end of Barry rd. suzanne, you are a fantastically successful local business, i would hate to feel you are struggling after such an awful situation. I noticed your vans are not around, if you need support, please pm.

Hi Everyone,

Again, just wanted to thank EVERYONE for all your support and offers of help. It is really appreciated to know there are so many people out there offering their kitchens, vans, computers etc. to help us get back on track.

The vans currently have a new home as all the keys were stolen and the rather slow and cumbersome computers we have had donated are doing their job - just! It has knocked us a bit but we have let our clients know now and they have been very understanding too.

I would love to keep the artwork here however we did promise that the Harris Girls could have it and I think it is an excellent home for such a well thought out piece. (We are trying to get it seen in a local gallery so if anyone would like to display it please do get in touch [email protected])

For those of you who have not yet read the Dulwich and South London Press then please do take a peek at page 2!

For those who know of it, Dulwich Online is another excellent local website on which you will soon be able to read a message from one of the young artists who tells all about the background and thought process that went into the project.

Its absolutely awful what has happened and a few staff worked elsewhere for a few days however its all fixable and we will not be rendered a crumbling wreck of a business because of a few horrid people - and of course they did not find our secret mince pie recipe!

Thank you all again for your support, please do spread the work about the Artwork. It would be great to get as many people to see it and love it as much as we do. It will need to come down in about 2 weeks time though.

In particular can I please thank

Steve at Turners Motors 020 8693 1175

Andre at Little Blue Fish 020 7732 0895

Chris at Pure Mackintosh 07956 288 958

Micky at MJ Lawless Plastering (my hubby who stood in immediately and boarded us up when no one else was available) 07930 678 989

All of whom we did take up their offers of help and all of whom we could not have been up and rerunning so fast.