Cycle Route: Bellenden Road to White City?

superhans

I'm going to be working in White City for a couple of months and am hoping to cycle there (if I can avoid the temptation of the new London Overground extension!) ?I wondered if anyone had a favoured route that they can recommend? ?I've used the usual route planners ( Tfl, Google Maps etc) but there doesn't seem to be a consensus. ?I'm more happy on busier roads, but would like to avoid Vauxhall roundabout/bridge if possible, and a bit of greenery en route is always nice!?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

I cycle from Barry Rd to White City every day through Bellenden but I *do* go via Vauxhall Bridge. Is thee any particular reason you want to avoid that? There is a cycle pass under the arches at Vauxhall bridge to abpid the roundabout if that helps? It really isn't that bad once you get on the bridge as you can use the bus lane from there which goes into a cycle lane.

It was mainly the roundabout I was hoping to avoid - I often drive round there and always think it looks a bit hairy. Cycle pass would definitely help and as you say the bridge itself isn't too bad. Would you mind giving me a brief run down of the route after the bridge? Thanks very much!

It's roughly 9-9.5 miles for me - the route I've attached pics of takes between 40-45 minutes so if you're quicker/slower, do or don't stop at reds obviously it will take you less/more time...

Sometimes I have to vary the route a bit if there are roadworks etc, and annoyingly now that it's winter, Hyde Park is shut by the time I leave work so I can't do the same route on the way home exactly.

I'll post more detailed instructions tomorrow but you should be able to get the gist of it from the pics. If I can I'll plot a Google map. There are more direct routes I'm sure but I like my cycle through Belgravia and then the parks :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Discussions

• Southwark and Lambeth may have some spaces but this is not the case of other London boroughs nearby particularly at secondary level. Also this is not just a London issue. There are many regions throughout the UK that have no school places available (eg Kent due to new housing developments, rural areas, Surrey, Guildford, Edinburgh etc). Just because you feel it doesn’t affect you, does not mean it’s right.  You also need to consider the proportion of foreign students in many of the private schools in the area which distorts the impression that local people can pay private school fees and suck up an additional £4-5k per child and per year. And sadly, the psychological and emotional impact on children is not even being discussed.
    • Step in a child’s shoes just for one moment and think what it would be like to have to move schools in the middle of the year away from your friends, teachers, community etc. due to a political stunt. I doubt the money will even go into education. The UK will be become the only European country to tax education. Primary schools have some capacity where I live but I have enquired and there are currently no places for secondary school where I live. Again, so easy to be smug and say we should have pre planned a potential outcome 5 years ago when you live in your £2-3m homes next to the best state schools in Dulwich (like Keir Starmer!)
    • Please let me know if anyone is selling a Hemnes daybed in the near future. Thanks 
    • Birth rate collapses sounds a bit like Armageddon.  It's a mixture of a decline following a bulge, where many schools had to increase intake, and families moving out of the capital due to high cost of housing.  Now that is an irony, that only wealthy families, many who can afford private schooling, can afford to live in many parts of London.
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In