Best estate agent to sell a house in ED? Recommendations pls

Fidgetsmum

Not Winkworth, for sure. Bad experience, inefficient team, promised communication - no communication. Very bad since Ollie left who ran Winkworth very efficiently, hence I went back - big mistake.

I'm keen to know which are good, been told Acorn are 'on it, from start to finish', but would like to know any of the reputable others in the area.

Winkworth sent a flyer, it wasn't grammatically correct nor did it explain the purpose of the flyer. Obviously touting for business with what a wonderful company they are. I sent it back like a bit of homework, congratulating them on their sales but with a "must try harder/do better on it".

So sorry to hear this. We don't have all the other troubles you have but much the same behaviour from Winkworth.

Best of luck to you and yours x

Fidgetsmum Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Thanks for the feedback everyone. Really

> appreciate it. And Winkworths is the reason I'm on

> here asking. Just lost our purchase of dream home.

> Husband sick, aunt dying in hospital and no one

> can visit her and by not telling the truth to us

> or the buyer of our place, it's fallen through. So

> therefore we've lost the home we so desperately

> wanted.

>

> Absolutely heartbroken. :-(

Haart are good.

I think they undervalue a bit - we insisted we put ours on at ?25k over what they told us to because we?d had other agents valuing at ?50k more than them and we got an extra ?20k as a result.

But if you bear that in mind I think they are really professional and really good.

• 5 months later...

speedbird Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Not Winkworth, for sure. Bad experience,

> inefficient team, promised communication - no

> communication. Very bad since Ollie left who ran

> Winkworth very efficiently, hence I went back -

> big mistake.

>

> I'm keen to know which are good, been told Acorn

> are 'on it, from start to finish', but would like

> to know any of the reputable others in the area.

What a shame Ollie left - he was superb, such a professional and yet super friendly. A real loss to Winkworth!

Hi Fidgetsmum,

I?ve bought, sold and been a landlord in the area so have experience of most of the agents. TBH had pretty bad experiences with all of them, Winkworth being amongst the worst.

My suggestion is to try and sell yourself using a platform such as https://doorsteps.co.uk (I?ve no ties to them and have used their service once).

// The benefits of you selling your place over using a traditional estate agent are:

- Let?s be honest, you?ll save a ton of money which would have gone on estate agent fees

- You?re motivated to get the best price. Estate agents just want the sale and the difference in commission for a house that sells for ?890k to ?940 is minimal

- You know your home better than anyone so you can talk enthusiastically about the brilliant [local school, service, shop] in a way others can?t

- It?s a faster process, you can answer buyers questions quickly rather than going through a middle person who sometimes aren?t the quickest or don?t bother to pass things on

- Estate agents very rarely do viewings after 7pm or on Sundays. Weekends and evenings are the busiest for viewings.

- Once the sale is agreed the process is then largely in the hands of your solicitor, and if you have a good one they can be proactive and speed things along. It helps simplify what can be a difficult process

- The vast of people find properties online (Rightmove etc) and not by being on estate agent databases

// What you needs sell your home online is:

- good photos, most modern smart phones work great as they have a wide angle lens. Shoot in the mornings and late afternoons to catch warm sunlight. Try and gently edit the photos and make them a little brighter (feel free to shout me if you need help with this)

- a floorplan, apps like magicplan work amazingly well. Particularly if you have a newer iPhone which has a (lidar) sensor for distance and space. Alternatively try and adapt an existing floor plan you may have from when you purchase purchased home. Or places like doorsteps have a paid for floorplan services

- good description: write enthusiastically about your home! If you have a look at most copy for homes it?s pretty dry stuff, be different - people buy from people - they like the honesty and enthusiasm they don?t get from estate agents.

Good luck 🙂