Online Charity Quiz - Tues 1 December at 7:30pm

Local charity, Link Age Southwark's online Pub Quiz is back on Tuesday 1st December at 7:30pm live on Facebook, but this time with a festive twist! Play on your own or with a team via Zoom and get ready for some Christmas cheer with Quiz Master Andrew at the Big Give Christmas Quiz.

Follow the Link Age Southwark Facebook page to participate on the night: [www.facebook.com/linkagesouthwark]

It's free to take part, but we ask you to consider a ?5 donation per team. This event is a fundraiser and your donation will go towards the Christmas Challenge, where we're raising vital funds so that we can adapt the way we offer our social and activity groups for older people living in Southwark.

The Big Give Christmas Challenge is the UK?s biggest online match funding campaign, taking place from midday on Tuesday 1 December until midday on Tuesday 8 December. During this week, any donations made to Link Age Southwark, up until the target is reached, will be DOUBLED!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Discussions

• We lost a beloved toy fox on lordship lane, Saturday 2nd march in the afternoon. He has cute green overalls. Was hand knitted and a special gift. If anyone happened to pick him up, we’d be very grateful for his safe return!  Imogen  07791842153.
    • I hope you never run into the last character eating chicken on my bus-he was an older guy, and when he'd finished his food, removed his dentures and picked them clean 😗 I'm still getting over it!
    • We once chose a decorator based on a long history of good reviews on here. It didn’t occur to us that he would ‘outsource’ the work to someone else who did a pretty poor job. Lesson learned. Always check that the person with the good reviews will be actually doing the work.
    • Openreach is a wholly owned subsidiary of BT Group but is obliged under regulation to act even-handedly with BT UK and all other of its wholesale customers - that is that all companies supplying services through the Openreach local Network must be treated similarly - so BT Retail has no better, or hopefully worse, access to Openreach as does any other competing company. Openreach has 'passed' much of East Dulwich with fibre to the premises (FTTP) capability.  BT is rebranding all its Retail services to 'EE' (that is, services to private/ residential customers) and I believe to SMEs as well. It is keeping the BT brand as a marketing name for its Major Business business. The maximum speed for FTTC (fibre to the cabinet) services is about 60-70MG to the household router - which is described I believe by some estate agents as superfast, curiously. The real FTTP services in ED are at the moment 500 or 1000MG to the router, and broadly achieve quite close to that, although speeds to the apparatus via WiFi are much less. To get actual benefit of the fibre speed you will need an ethernet network internally.
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In