What our media did not tell us!

Trinnydad

We didn't hear about the vaccine shambles. That?s the shambles in Europe caused by Brussels.

The EU Commission took control of procuring and distributing vaccines Brussels ordered a mix of vaccines most of which will not be available till second half 2021. They ordered only 200m doses for 380m people. The UK meanwhile ordered 357m doses foe a population of 66m people from 7 different developers. Now Europe is looking on in envy.

Der Spiegel has published a devastating report by investigative journalists at entitled ?The Planning Disaster?. It reveals the ineptitude of the European Commission.

The headline in Die Zeit was ?Germany has bet on Europe, and lost heavily,? below was a photo of a woman in Cardiff being vaccinated while along with a caption declaring that Germans must wait such deliverance.

The Netherlands has compounded the problems by so mishandling its software preparations that it will not start vaccinating until Jan 8.

Corruption and manipulations within Brussels meant that there had to be parity with Sanofi?s "French vaccine", which has since gone badly awry and is unlikely to come on stream before the end of 2021 according to Der Spiegle. Brussels has intervened in the interests of one commercial company, spending public funds corruptly in violation of its own competition law.

After so much schadenfreude the irony is that only the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine will be available soon enough and at a larger enough scale to prevent a disaster for Europe over the next six months. The latest mutation makes it even more urgent. ?Right now, whether Germany fares well or not hinges on the AstraZeneca vaccine,? says Karl Lauterbach, of the German Social Democrats.

European Medicines Agency will have to decide whether to swallow its pride and accept an accursed product of this apostate island. My guess is that it will drag feet for faux procedural reasons until public opinion and the German Chancellor force the issue.

Whatever happens, it is going to be a very difficult time for Europe. People will notice as the UK conducts several million vaccinations a week all through January in a massive operation that draws on the best of the NHS and the British armed forces. There will be the same images in America, Canada, and elsewhere.

They will ask why the doses are being dribbled out so desperately slowly across the Continent, and when that happens Brussels will struggle to offer a credible answer. If EU elites don?t yet realise that this is going to mushroom into one of the biggest failures in the history of the European Project, they will find out soon enough.

alex_b Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Do you have a source for that claim as this FT

> article

> (https://www.ft.com/content/9a3af55e-c66c-4451-a34

> e-7110ce005cd0) says ?Brussels has provisionally

> secured more than 2bn doses of candidate vaccines

> from a range of drugs companies?

My sources were the DT, der Spiegle and Die Zeit.

You used the word "provisional" and I think you should take into account WHEN the doses were actually ordered. Your FT article was dated 18 December. The UK went out on a limb and ordered many months earlier.

Just another Euro-shambles and a challenge for them to overcome their prejudices to approve and order our Oxford vaccine which has been in production for months and could come to their rescue.

Nothing beats a bit of schadenfreude especially now after what the Frenchies did to the truckers at Dover - of which incidentally around 80% of the drivers were good EU citizens.

ianr Wrote:

> It's preumably this one.

> https://www.spiegel.de/international/europe/the-pl

> anning-disaster-germany-and-europe-could-fall-shor

> t-on-vaccine-supplies-a-3db4702d-ae23-4e85-85b7-20

> 145a898abd

Partially, yes.

The same article said...

The contrast is unmistakable. On the one hand, there is the supposedly incompetent Trump administration which will provide vaccines to 20 million Americans in the next two to three weeks alone.

On the other hand, there is the supposedly well-prepared Europeans, who continue to have to wait for a vaccine that was developed in Germany. And who still don?t know exactly how much of the vaccine they will be getting in the coming months.

The Trump administration is rendered incompetent by Trump - not by the collective abilities of his cabinet.

The administration wallows on eggshells for fear of upsetting the Master or through damage control of the latest shoot-from-the-hip edict by the tinsel-haired twot.

The administration over there is heavily compromised by the POTUS, any view to the contrary is fantasy !

KidKruger Wrote:

> The Trump administration is rendered incompetent

> by Trump - not by the collective abilities of his

> cabinet.

> The administration wallows on eggshells for fear

> of upsetting the Master or through damage control

> of the latest shoot-from-the-hip edict by the

> tinsel-haired twot.

> The administration over there is heavily

> compromised by the POTUS, any view to the contrary

> is fantasy !

Sure, even with Trump's total incompetence, the USA is still doing better with vaccine rollout that the EU.

malumbu Wrote:

> Should re-title this the Trinny and Sussnah

> thread. Trinny I suggest you get a mirror and

> then you can just rant at yourself. You come

> across as s bit of an Alf Garnett sort of fella.

Attacking the messenger, rather than the message, is one of the first acts of denial. Some people use denial as a defence mechanism, to protect themselves from the force of a truth they imagine will be too strong for them to cope with.

Europe will have its vaccine rollout well under way in the next couple of months. Not sure what your point really is here, when the UK only made that one initial order with Pfizer and that arrives in batches that could take 10 months to complete delivery of. This government, and no doubt many others, are pinning hopes on the Oxford/ Astrazeneca vaccine that requires no special refrigeration and can be distributed to GPs and much wider types of outlets as a result. It is much cheaper too. Irregardless of when vaccine rollouts start, we are talking differences of months and it will take at least a year to get even half a population vaccinated. There is no fast track on this for anyone.

Blah Blah Wrote:

> Europe will have its vaccine rollout well under

> way in the next couple of months. Not sure what

> your point really is here, when the UK only made

> that one initial order with Pfizer and that

> arrives in batches that could take 10 months to

> complete delivery of. This government, and no

> doubt many others, are pinning hopes on the

> Oxford/ Astrazeneca vaccine that requires no

> special refrigeration and can be distributed to

> GPs and much wider types of outlets as a result.

> It is much cheaper too. Irregardless of when

> vaccine rollouts start, we are talking differences

> of months and it will take at least a year to get

> even half a population vaccinated. There is no

> fast track on this for anyone.

His point is we'll all be sitting pretty here having our sausage rolls and tea whilst those disgusting, gross, deplorable continental Europeans get what they deserve.

As an immigrant myself, I hate all those immigrants trying to claw their way into the UK to get a hold of the vaccine that they're not gonna be able to get. They can enjoy all the camembert and wine they like. I'll have my locally sourced fish n chips thank you very much.

Something something something the sun never sets on the english empire god save the queen.

Edit: Blah Blah it seems I got a little too hopped up on tea and our newly acquired SoVeReIgNtY that I quoted you for no real reason. Keeping in line with premier Johnson, I will not concede that this was a mistake, and ensure you that it was intentional.

Time will tell - but we'll see who is most efficient at delivery.

The EU is moving these will be the tests "supply shortages, logistical hurdles, misinformation, public skepticism and the sheer scale of the effort ensure that it will be an uphill struggle against a virus that is constantly evolving."

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/27/world/europe/covid-19-eu-vaccine.html

EDguy89 Wrote:

> Blah Blah Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Europe will have its vaccine rollout well under

> > way in the next couple of months. Not sure what

> > your point really is here, when the UK only

> made

> > that one initial order with Pfizer and that

> > arrives in batches that could take 10 months to

> > complete delivery of. This government, and no

> > doubt many others, are pinning hopes on the

> > Oxford/ Astrazeneca vaccine that requires no

> > special refrigeration and can be distributed to

> > GPs and much wider types of outlets as a

> result.

> > It is much cheaper too. Irregardless of when

> > vaccine rollouts start, we are talking

> differences

> > of months and it will take at least a year to

> get

> > even half a population vaccinated. There is no

> > fast track on this for anyone.

>

> His point is we'll all be sitting pretty here

> having our sausage rolls and tea whilst those

> disgusting, gross, deplorable continental

> Europeans get what they deserve.

>

> As an immigrant myself, I hate all those

> immigrants trying to claw their way into the UK to

> get a hold of the vaccine that they're not gonna

> be able to get. They can enjoy all the camembert

> and wine they like. I'll have my locally sourced

> fish n chips thank you very much.

>

> Something something something the sun never sets

> on the english empire god save the queen.

>

> Edit: Blah Blah it seems I got a little too hopped

> up on tea and our newly acquired SoVeReIgNtY that

> I quoted you for no real reason. Keeping in line

> with premier Johnson, I will not concede that this

> was a mistake, and ensure you that it was

> intentional.

I hope your smug self-righteousness keeps you warm at night.

How is the weather in your echo chamber anyway?