Prince/Beast needed urgently!!!

Ha - best title for a thread in the family room ever????

OK - so my 4 year old has this Beauty and the Beast Playset - sort of Polly Pocket sized, with a prince who 'transforms into a beast' by putting a different head & body over the top of him.

The problem is that 1 of the princes legs has broken off and the other day she said "I don't want to have a 1 legged prince Mummy" which made my heart ache.

So I thought, here is a good thing for Santa to put in her stocking & went on Ebay and thought I was so clever to manage to buy a second hand set of the same toy, with a new prince in it. Except in my rush I didn't read the description properly...and the new prince only has 1 arm. ARRGGGHHHH.

I am a Mummy failure. It's official.

It seems you can only buy these playsets new in America, and P&P is insane from there.

I don't suppose anyone, magically has one of these Princes hanging around that they no longer want? Ideally one with

all his limbs intact? It's a long shot...but hey, I'm a desperate woman. Don't we all want a Prince?

She did tell me the other day that one day she was going to marry a beast. I do hope not!

Yours, desperately.

OK - at the risk of making the prince into some sort of Frankenstein; is limb transplanation an option? I don't have a clue what these toys are but if you have one missing an arm and one missing a leg could you do some minor surgery thus creating a whole one?

I have PMed you another possible solution.

Michele

Oh no. Love the frankenstein response, had thought of that too! Hs disney store stopped selling them?

We have a hideous plastic barbie horse that had a long mane and tail, got totally knotted, was a ball of sticky fibres, so back in the summer I gave it a haircut. 4yo daughter wept and wailed. The other week she found it in the back of a cupboard (had hidden it as was fed up with the complaints and sad eyes) and got upset again.

Had taken the line that we don't chuck stuff out just cos it's not perfect anymore, but caved in and ordered a new horse for xmas.

The new one has arrived and turns out has no bloody hair! It has plastic moulding smooth mane and solid tail. She will not be at all impressed!

• 2 weeks later...