In Loving Memory of Nunhead Green Legend Philip.

Thunderblue600

If you have any Philip of Nunhead memories or photos please share them here.

A Plaque of Dedication hopefully will soon be fixed to what will always be known as Philip's Bench.

In Loving Memory of Nunhead Green Legend Philip.

You always had a good generous heart.

You always made us smile and laugh.

Taken from us too soon.

May you finally be at Peace

with an everlasting supply

of Jamaica Rum.

My shared memory:

Philip from Jamaica was a lovely guy but had a troubled life, never see him eat, had not seen some of his grown up kids for years.

Way back Philip worked for the BBC.

The bench seen here was always his spot.

Many looked out for him, last year was in and out of hospital many times, and his health declined.

I always made time to sit and chat with this lovely guy when I passed by, quite often he would give me some cigars, remember once he had a box of Cubans and still shared some with me.

Never a shrinking violet or afraid of speaking his mind, I witnessed some 'lively' exchanges.

Philip was a big fan of 'Elvis From Nunhead' and recall him dancing as only Philip could dance to the King.

Had seen Philip on the Green for years, however I only really got to know this guy after the start of my slow journey to recovery which started in June 2020.

I prayed with Philip around Christmas 2020 he was very low feeling dejected and shared dark thoughts 'Philip you are my friend we don't want you to leave this earth any time soon.'

An intensely private guy, and would never have visitors which included the Salvation Army who would ply Philip with hot drinks and food, which more often was left un-touched or given away.

At his passing Philip was all alone at home.