Slimming World on Referral

AylwardS

I put this in the general ED area but losing weight can reduce risk of some of the medical conditions that can cause Covid symptoms to be worse so I thought I'd put it here too so as many people as possible who might find it useful are aware.

Southwark is running a pilot with Slimming World with a FREE 12 week referral for those eligible who want to lose weight.

If you know someone who wants to lose weight referral is via the Southwark Healthy Lifestyle Hub on 0333 005 0159.

The offer?s not open to current members. I can say from personal experience that the West Norwood group is a friendly group with a great Consultant and support from other members. Its not a diet, Slimming World introduce you to a healthy lifestyle and there are members in the group who fit it into their family life / while travelling for work / working shifts.

12 week?s free would cover the run up to Easter if that?s likely to be a challenging time. There was definitely sharing last Easter on ways to cope with the challenges the time of year throws up. If you know someone who might be interested do pass the details on. Ok weight losses might not be what they were pre-Covid but people are losing weight and there have been those that have reached their target weight during lockdown.

Trolley Snatcha Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> AylwardS Wrote:

>

> >

> > 12 week?s free would cover the run up to Easter

> if

> > that?s likely to be a challenging time. There

> was

> > definitely sharing last Easter on ways to cope

> > with the challenges the time of year throws up.

>

>

> Is this due to chocolate eggs being on sale in the

> supermarkets? Its a pity that the council have to

> get involved and spend money out of their

> continually cut budget on folk who cannot

> successfully do a lap of a shop without chucking

> sugar and calorie laden chocolate eggs, mostly

> meant for children, into their trolleys.

It's Lent isn't it.

It must have just got through to me born 1965 as I always feel compelled to make a token effort with something at least for Lent.

Cadburys cream eggs and Hot Cross Buns do tempt though but I guess they're all year round now. Never eaten an Easter egg proper before Easter Sunday.