Please sign & Share Ghost's Law - Kittens must be vaccinated and checked by vet before they?re sold

Thunderblue600

Found via Nextdoor

I applaud Jane please do sign and share.

Jane Sarah

Please help.??PLEASE SIGN THIS PETITION TO HELP SAVE OUR KITTENS??(reposted)

?Ghosts law? is in honour of my little kitten who died at the age of 7 months.

I took Ghost for her vaccinations in November

When I took Ghost to the vet, the vet came out 5 minutes later and said I?m sorry but your kitten has only got 2 days to live, she has a heart murmur. Quickly, I took her to the Royal Veterinary College. They confirmed my little Ghost had advanced right-sided heart failure. Sadly, Ghost died one month later.

I want to help leave Ghost a legacy. ?Ghosts law? states that ALL kittens are checked by a vet before sold. Many breeders with a license take their kittens to be checked before they are sold. However, many people slip through this. They do so by saying they have less than three litters a year and they do not make a profit.

I understand there is ?Lucy?s Law? however, what I am asking for is different.

Under this law, kittens will be checked alongside their mother (of course for strays where the mum is not around, this does not apply) to ensure both the kitten and mum are well. If the mum shows signs of illness, I want it to be the law that she must be spayed and not be stressed by having another litter, as this is specifically targeting backyard breeders who are making their cats have litter after litter.

Having all kittens checked before they?re sold will allow potential owners time to start treatment for their kittens. This will help things like a heart murmur or cat flu being noticed. All I am asking for is all kittens have an ?MOT? check before they are sold. Some people have said this will lead to sick kittens being abandoned. No, it won?t, many people like me would actively buy a sick kitten to love and look after. This ensures the potential owner knows about the health of the kitten, licensed breeders are required to do this anyway so I don?t know why it should be different for backyard breeders. There will always be people who breed for money and there will always be people with a story similar to mine, with this petition if we make it a bit harder for backyard breeders it might help to protect animals more.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/561785

Link to the petition

I don?t know where this journey with the petition will take me, I might fail but I have to at least try to protect other kittens. Please sign and share.

Please copy and paste if you wish to share.

Sighed it horrible that people can do this to any animal and like unlawful dog breeders the mother is usually bread to death

I think animal charity could do more for people to get there pets from them

Years ago I wanted a kitten they wouldn't let me because I lived in flat even though I had two before Which lived until 19 and 20 so ended up going to a pet shop