Forest Hill Road Group Practice

ANyone putting out misspelt texts like that ought to really be told that receiving such messages can be worrisome for recipients and detrimental to their business. It is shameful at a time of hoaxes and conspiracies, let alone malicious "smishing" (text-based fraud) to allow such a message to go out to lots of recipients, especially from a G P surgery. I do not know this surgery personally and have nothing to do with it, but if you do then please offer them your constructive thoughts!

I think some of the staff at FHGP lack training .I've had a couple of phone "interviews" originating from FHGP supposedly monitoring stuff which were unbelievable ,like someone not v bright following a script from which they could not deviate .

Not the pharmacist who is polite and professional, though I feel being asked to monitor some health aspects which need to be dealt with by a GP .

Is it any better anywhere else?

I would have said the practice on Crystal palace Rd was better until I tried yesterday. Had to shout my symptoms through an answerphone in the porch(my hearing isn't too good) while people queued in the rain behind me. Told to ring 111. Did that, told to go to Kings and wasted a morning, not too important in my case but also wasted everyone's time at Kings. Was told by as understandably peeved doctor that this was the sort of thing GPs should sort out, not overburden an already stretched casualty dept.

Thanks all, so not just me and seemingly not a hack.

However, if you're going to communicate with a big chunk of your patients like this, it would be good to send out a message that makes sense, doesn't have spelling mistakes in and doesn't contain hidden links for the reasons mentioned above. I assumed it was a scam. Really poor communication.

What the text is trying to say, for anyone who didn't follow it, is that the practice cannot give an official confirmation of your Covid-19 vaccination status if you are travelling abroad. The message links to the guidance below and suggests that the NHS App (not the NHS Covid19 app or the MyGP app) is the easiest way to get an official certificate, but you will need to set up a NHS logon to do that. Otherwise call 119 and ask for a letter to be sent to you.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/demonstrating-your-covid-19-vaccination-status-when-travelling-abroad

Yes, also got this text message, thought it strange that FHRGP was now "shouting" at its patients.

I'm actually beginning to think what is the point of this GP surgery as they are not even apparently seeing patients.The practice appears to go through more troughs than peaks.

Siduhe Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Did anyone else registered at Forest Hill Road GP

> get a slightly ranty and misspelled message from

> the practice today about vaccine passports? I?m

> signed up to receive messages from the practice

> via the MYGP app, and got one today with a weird

> bit.ly link that ended:

>

> ?DO NOT CONTACT YOU GP FOR A VACCINE PASSPORT- we

> not able to provide it?

>

> I kind of want to contact them to ask if they?ve

> been hacked or whether they think that?s an

> appropriate way to communicate with patients, no

> matter how many questions they are getting.

> However, curious to know if it?s just me that got

> the message.

Hi Nigello, funny you should say that - I've already tried. On the website it says that feedback needs to be given by telephone or by a secure online form. When you go to the online form, it is a failed webpage that says "this page does not exist".

So I tried to telephone, and after a long period of waiting, my call was picked up - when I explained what I was trying to do, the receptionist said - "We don't do that over the phone. Write to us" and put the phone down on me. I'll write an old fashioned letter to the Practice Administrator, but the fact the online form isn't working and there isn't a process for giving feedback by phone isn't helpful.

singalto Wrote:

> I contacted them a while ago and was told over the

> phone that I had an insect bite. I eventually rang

> 111 who sent me to St Thomas?s, requiring an hour

> on the bus each way. I had shingles!

😮😮😮

Surely anything like that they would need to look at?

Or at least ask you to email them a photo?

• 2 weeks later...
Asked for a blood test for an upcoming hospital appointment, it couldn't have been a more difficult experience, unhelpful, uninterested and effectively like talking to a brick wall, how many times does one need to explain the same thing till they understand. It is so frustrating at times dealing with this practice, sometimes just want to give up.

Around every couple of years or so I need wax removed from one ear only. Up until now they have always arranged an appointment for me to be 'seen to' by a nurse in the surgery. This time I was clearly told that they don't do it anymore. I was told to go to a large chemist or a high street hearing clinic and pay ?50 per ear. I said I'd complain - go ahead they said - it'll make no difference.

Nice lot aren't they.

I got in touch with NHS England who told me they should do it or at least refer me to a NHS ear clinic.

I have given up, there's little point moaning and life's too short. I went to a high street hearing shop and got it done for ?50.

• 10 months later...

Whoeveritis Wrote:

> Trying to liaise with this surgery is something

> else. Agreed

The atmosphere is awful and the

> receptionists are rude , irritable and dismissive. Agreed

Receptionists are the first encounter patients have with this practice, "the shop window" that sets the tone for what happens next. Clearly they still fail to appreciate that we are patients who are not well and need assistance and not customers.

> Their econsult is also down again. Anyone have any

> advice ?

How they main being graded as Good by Care Quality Commission is nothing less than laughable.

They appear to do everything they can to NOT engage and help their patients.

It is actually sad that reception continues to be an ongoing issue and has been for as long as I can remember. Why they cannot rectify this issue is unbelievable?

The online reviews for this Practice are depressing to read, maybe they are happy to be so poor.

One particular receptionist is blatantly out of her depth , she always has been, irritated and rude even before she answers the phone or sees you at reception. Surely she must be about to retire. I just can?t deal with being talked at and talked down to, it?s absolutely dreadful. The econsult, when it?s working, being able to bypass the rude staff, is a wonderful thing.