Shielding ends on 1 April

Sue

Has anybody else in the clinically extremely vulnerable group received a very long email telling them that from 1 April (the date seems appropriate), they are no longer advised to shield, but going on at great length about all the extra precautions they are still advised to take?

Can anyone else make sense of it?

It seems to me that we are still advised to shield, but it is no longer called that, so some unfortunate people will have to return to work.

I found it very confusing.

As in: you no longer need to shield, but don't do this, don't do that, get someone else to get your medication, avoid shops where possible, etc etc etc

Shielding in all but name, so far as I can see.

DulwichFox Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I don't remember getting such an email..

>

> I delete emails which I consider I do not need to

> read.

>

> Foxy

It went to people in the clinically extremely vulnerable group, so if you are not in that group (which I don't think you can be as you have not been shielding) then you wouldn't have got it.

But if you had been in that group, it would probably not have been a very good idea to delete it without reading it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Discussions

• Hello everyone!  I'm a private nanny in East Dulwich for some amazing families, transitioning to childminding. My littles are growing up in school now, so would love to welcome some new families into my loving care! I've had the joy of watching children learn through play and adventure. We've explored museums, soft plays, parks, aquariums, and more, creating memories that last a lifetime. I am interested in the Montessori method, and my studies at KCL have deepened my understanding of child development. I've also had the opportunity to work as a tutor and provide support as a SEN TA. Presently, I'm caring for children aged 1-8, including those with SEN, in my role as a nanny.  My goal is to craft a nurturing "home away from home," filled with nature play and exciting London explorations.  Please feel free to message me here or contact me at 07535595728 if this seems like something of interest, or you know somebody who may benefit. I can't wait to meet you and your family! Mayyah :)
    • Hello everyone!  I'm a private nanny in East Dulwich for some amazing families, transitioning to childminding. My littles are growing up in school now, so would love to welcome some new families into my loving care! I've had the joy of watching children learn through play and adventure. We've explored museums, soft plays, parks, aquariums, and more, creating memories that last a lifetime. I am interested in the Montessori method, and my studies at KCL have deepened my understanding of child development. I've also had the opportunity to work as a tutor and provide support as a SEN TA. Presently, I'm caring for children aged 1-8, including those with SEN, in my role as a nanny.  My goal is to craft a nurturing "home away from home," filled with nature play and exciting London explorations.  Please feel free to message me here or contact me at 07535595728 if this seems like something of interest, or you know somebody who may benefit. I can't wait to meet you and your family! Mayyah 🙂
    • Hello   I'm getting in touch on behalf of a lady who sells the Big Issues outside Sainsburys in Honor Oak.  I've got to know her the past year or so and she has a 10month old son.  She is looking for a buggy but doesn't have a smartphone so said I'd look on local forums for her. If there is one available, I will happily collect it!   Many thanks Veronica  
    • Pete and Chalky! We’ve kept in touch with them. Fear not, they moved to live near his daughter (I’d have to check his address but I think it was Lincolnshire). Chalky apparently very happy as he has a large cat-free garden to play in.
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In