Where to find good value furnishing fabrics for chair + chaise

Naiada

We've been given an old spoonback chair and chaise longue, both of which need to be re-upholstered but the ones we like are very pricey per metre. Does anyone know of anywhere to get furnishing fabrics which are not too expensive?

You could take a look at Fabric World in Croydon. They've been going for years so they must be doing something right.

Vanessa Arbuthnott fabrics and Kate Forman are a certain style and not excessively expensive, though they may or may not be what you're looking for.

Otherwise you could sign up to the Colefax and Fowler and the Osborne and Little lists to see if they are going to hold their usual annual sales at Battersea Town Hall ( I think that was the usual venue.) Of course, in these pandemic times, they may not be holding these sales any longer...

Soane

If you look at the small (er) ads in the back of some "Home" magazines, there are often places advertising which have designer fabrics at a discounted price.

Or there used to be ..... I've just looked through a pile of recent Elle Decoration mags, and I can't see any ....

However, if you google "Discount fabrics uk" a whole load of stuff comes up, online sellers plus actual warehouses where you can go and look.

Those warehouses have a quick turnover for the good stuff though, so you might have to go a few times before you found something to your taste.

ETA: There are also a number of fabric places in Berwick Street, which although it is not the place it used to be still does have some bargains, depending on what you like.

Whether they have survived the pandemic is another question though.