Singers, guitarists and sax players of the world.... get taught and take over...

danmaitland

Hello ED forum chums... its time to dust off those old christmas presents.. and restart the music dream....

I have played and taught professionally for over twenty years: working with many well known artists and teaching at many schools and colleges in London and kent. I have also released my own albums and singles. I am interested in teaching through fun achievable goals and intend to have you playing something recognisable by the end of the first lesson!

I now have lots of lovely SE students and am also running a choir on tuesday evenings at goose green school... should anyone fancy...

I am happy to sit down with you and work out what sort of music you would like to play, sing, write or all three and then work out a simple plan for how to achieve that goal - including how to use the internet to find chords and tab and tuition videos that complement what i am showing you. In most cases I can get a student into a self sustaining learning curve within 8 lessons.

I teach saxophone, guitar, singing and songwriting, to anyone - from adult and child beginners through to people who are already musically literate.

20 pounds for 40 minutes and 27 pounds for an hour - with concessions for small groups, unemployed and younger children. Please get in touch if you are interested.

Half price first lesson to anyone who can tell me the band I paraphrased in my title.

Dan Maitland

[email protected]

Hi Dan

My 7 year old son & his friend got guitar's for Christmas and are looking for some lessons, can you let me know if you can come to our home in east dulwich to teach them and if so what's your availability? Lessons would need to be 6 or 6.30 pm

Regards

Kate

Hi Kate. I am more than happy to travel to teach and my availablity at that time is pretty good, with a little bit of planning..

I live in east dulwich too, 113 friern Rd, so am probably pretty close. hope this helps. Will PM you my number..

Thanks for the interest

Dan M

• 2 weeks later...
Hi. Quick update.. Have started teaching a number of folks from this forum, and I must say what a fine and talented bunch you are.. I have a double header schoolboy beginners guitar lesson in about 3 hours - about three houses away from mine, and Monday was privileged to bandy saxophones with the very impressive - up to now - guitar legend, John, who not only got a note out of his sax first time - but was managing to play a scale within about 15 mins - as I say, impressive - he can also drop an aeroplane into a tail spin if anyone fancies..

• 2 weeks later...
Hi - I just stumbled across this and was wondering if you're still offering lessons and, if so, what your availability is. My son loves the guitar but hates learning it formally. Would you be able to adapt to some kid of jamming session that would help him progress? Thanks.

Hi Debi, Jamming is great for learning - obviously after a while we would need to input some language and look at the players he likes - but sounds like he is already some way down the road, and would be fun to work with..

Hi - I just stumbled across this and was wondering if you're still offering lessons and, if so, what your availability is. My son loves the guitar but hates learning it formally. Would you be able to adapt to some kid of jamming session that would help him progress? Thanks

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...