small radio wanted

alev orman

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Latest Discussions

• It's not three days out of 365 - it's almost three weeks of putting up and taking down in which the residents on the west side of Peckham Rye can barely access the park. And then GALA leaves the area in an appalling state, ruining everyone's enjoyment for the rest of the summer.
    • Must say, they have done a thorough looking job of repairing the damage done to the park. I'm mildly antipathetic to the Gala Festival. But it has been better organised this year. 
    • Other posters are entitled to their views and there will inevitably be opposing views, that is the beauty of the forum.   The issue for many of us is that year on year we would prefer that a large and popular section of the park is not taken out of use for weeks on end, does not have to undergo significant remedial work each time or undergo unnecessary tree lopping to accommodate event structures,  and does not have its ornamental aspect impacted at the height of summer, when all of us would like to enjoy it. If the impact of the event was literally only for three days, that would be different. As it is, we are talking weeks and months. There is also the question of long-term impact on substructure and wildlife, who knows... Many thanks to Peckham Rose for raising matters with the event organisers and Southwark Council events.  
    • Greg built me a utility cupboard and some extra shelving in a wardrobe. He was quick to respond and good at communicating. He easily understood what I was wanted and had some ideas to make it even better. The quality of the work is high and the cost was reasonable. Would recommend. 
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In