Breast pump advice needed

nsm

I am buying a new breast pump as my avent pump has just broken and I wanted to consult the wisdom of the forum before making my purchase.?

I was generally happy with the Avent one and it had a lot of use but I was wondering whether electric ones were any better? And is it worth getting a double one??

I was considering the lansinoh double electric one, so if anyone has any experience of this one, it would be a great help.

All advice much appreciated! Thanks

I've had Ameda lactaline personal for years. Double pump, electric. It's very good. I've had two. The first saw me through nearly two babies with 3x daily use 5 days a week for about 8 months both times. It then started to splutter a bit so I bought a new one - slightly updated, different shape but just as good.

I liked my Medela Swing pump most of the time, until I went back to work after my second baby. She wouldn't touch formula, so I ended up expressing for months at work. By that point I really wished that I had a double pump. Having said that, the single electric pump was great for expressing at home when I just wanted 1 feed a day of expressed milk or milk for the King's milk bank.

I used an Avent single electric once or twice a day for quite a few months, then tried a double - the Ameda Lactaline. I now really regret not getting one of those in the first place as it was SO much faster. It was also easier to used as the heavy motor is not attached to the funnel (you express on one side while feeding on the other without too much problem.

Thanks everyone! The Ameda Lactaline sounds good, a bit pricey though. Verds- have pmed you as I would be keen to borrow the lansinoh manual, just to see whether or not I need to fork out for the Ameda.

If I was doing it all again....

Go for the Double Pump!

I wish I had done. Pumping is time consuming, and hard to fit in between real bf feeds if you're trying to boost supply. I think I would have gone longer with ebf if I'd had a double pump.

Was considering making an offer on one myself but I think it's too late to get back to ebf.

I had three different manual pumps and got on with them fine, seemed quick and easy enough to me, used to pump whilst lo napped. Was fortunate enough to have a good milk supply and easy let down too which helped. Then one of friends came to visit and was a shocked I was pumping with a manual and bought me the ameda lactaline double electric, although I didnt think I needed it, it was soooo much quicker and easier and I wouldn't go back to a manual now unless away for a night or something...