Pigeon deterrant noise

Quite a few months ago one of my neighbours decided to install what I presume is a pigeon deterring device. It omits a high-pitched noise similar to a burglar alarm for about 5 seconds every 2 minutes. It was a minor irritant, but now the weather is warmer and we have the windows open it is extremely annoying. I'm also reluctant to make use of the garden because of this noise. At least it is switched off at night so it does not disturb our sleep.

I would speak to the person who is causing this, but I have no idea who it is as the noise echos off all the houses in the area so it is difficult to locate. If anyone has any suggestions about how to deal with it they would be gratefully received!

Many thanks,

Dan

Most birdcscarers are ultrasonic and if the batteries get low on power then the frequency drops and the sound becomes audible to humans. If this is the case buy him/her some new batteries.

https://www.bestpestcontrol.co.uk/ultrasonic-bird-repellers-155-c.asp#:~:text=An%20ultrasonic%20%28silent%29%20bird%20and%20Pigeon%20repeller%20works,paved%20outdoor%20cafe%20area%20or%20inside%20a%20building.

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately this has been the same for many months, so perhaps the noise is coming from a faulty burglar alarm? Odd that it only seems to be on during the day, but perhaps that makes sense as an alarm may not be active at night when the occupants are at home.

One other problem is that ultrasonic devices often have different output levels - some of which might be inaudible to older ears. Seem to recall an experiment where those in their 20s could hear noises that the 40s couldn't hear but they could still hear things that the 60+ couldn't.

It might be a mouse scarer which can have different frequencies - a high powered one for when they are out and a lesser one while they are in.

I think your only option is to try to identify - either by giving an idea of the road here in the hope they read it - or potentially dropping notes around to your various neighbours. There are some apps that try to help you identify where sounds ar coming from - SpectrumView etc - by helping you visualise where it's louder - that might help with a general direction? Good luck.