Looking for wrap around childcare - suited to a student perhaps?

Hi,

I am looking for someone to help with school drop-offs/pick ups starting in September. We only need help during term time so this might suit someone with their own family, or a student who wants the flexibility to enjoy the holidays or undertake a full time holiday position. See below for details on live in (au pair type arrangement) or live out.

We are based in West Dulwich near to Kingsdale School and the position would entail starting at 7.40am, looking after our two boys (3.5 and 6) before dropping them to school/nursery at about 9am. In the afternoons 3 days would need a 3pm pick up and 2 days 3.30pm, bringing the boys home, helping them get a snack, play with them, read etc. We would need someone until around 5.30 - 5.45 Monday-Thursday and 5pm on a Friday. We are both teachers so have some flexibility in the finish times at the end of the day.

You would need to be comfortable with cycling as this is how we do the school run - loads of people cycle around here and much of the journey is on cycle paths or quiet roads/shared pavements. We have an electric assist bike that you'd use which is super easy to cycle.

We are flexible with live in / live out:

- We currently have an au pair and would love a similar arrangement. We have a double room with a king sized bed - it's away from the family bedrooms so very quiet in the evenings. Our house is on a quiet cul-de-sac with plenty of parking on the street if you have a car. This would be ?100/week with all food and bills paid for but there would also be some light housework and occasional babysitting - e.g. the boys laundry up. This would be a total of around 25 hours per week. We'd also pay for you to be a member of a sports club with classes and use of pool and gym in the evenings and weekends.

OR

- For a live out arrangement pay is around ?10/hour for around 18 hours per week. Ideally you'd be available for occasional babysitting and able to do some light housework in addition to the childcare but that is negotiable.

Our ideal candidate would be reliable, organised and enjoy working with children. We are not expecting a qualified nanny but some childcare experience is preferred as well as being willing to obtain a DBS check (we will pay).

Please send me a message on here for further details or contact me on 07399 554189. Unfortunately I am unable to sort out visas so please only get in touch if you're eligible to work in the UK.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Catherine

• 1 month later...

Hello Parent, my name is Parvan and I am 33 years old, looking for some nanny positions and came across your advert on the east dulwich forum. I am based in east dulwich not far from dulwich library. I was wondering I could be the perfect candidate for your requests. I have almost 7 years of childcare experience and have worked with children between 9 months - 4+ years. I also have a 7 year old child of my own, which I can work around whilst he's at school. If you would like more information about me or even to view my CV, I am more than happy to email it over to you. Please let me know and I shall get it to you ASAP.

I look forward to your response.

Many thanks

Parvan

Archived