Dulwich card scam ?

hi all just had a bit of info my husband works at a well know supermarket a guy there was generally talking about fraud etc my husband in converstaion mentioned to this guy that my card was cloned and that i belived it was a certain petrol station, the guy asked my husband as to which one it was, after my husband telling him, he replied and said he knew the guy who worked in the garage and what they had done in the light fitting (above the counter which was reflecting right down on the card machine) was to hang a camera up there inside the light you would not belive what the camera was holding up by ------ok none of you guessed it, it was hanging up by string and 2 bars of galaxy chocolate shame the chocolate never melted with the heat from the light, still the camera obviously recorded every thing i was doing at the time, this information was sent to a lap top i gather which was behind the counter,they also had another phone line that he would use to send the information to the card cloners, it is belived that they guy was doing about 50 cards at one time i dont know wether this means one after the other or what, he was eventually found out and all he got for doing this was the sack where is justice on these people? oh and it is belived that the petrol garage is owned by the supermarket

• 2 weeks later...

Aha! An angry Roman dries no towels... or something.

Domitianus, it's mentioned earlier on I think, but official policy is that bank card fraud is no longer reportable direct to the police, it must be reported to the banks who will then report to the police as they see fit.

I understand from my IFA that this is due to some complicated 'against whom is the crime committed' plonker logic.