Dulwich card scam ?

Thats my mate in the south london press (a good photo i must add).He is still waiting to get his money back. Its taken 3 months to get my money back from hsbc. I just met another person that had card copied.Things are getting out of hand. Its so easy to buy a card reader attach it to a pc and copy a card I guess......

K

Is anyone going to tell us what it says?

Just so you're aware - retailers should be physically securing their PDQ's or PED's (PIN Entry Device) to the counter so they can't easily be replaced. Be weary of any that aren't. Look for the acquirers logo on the device (usually Barclaycard or StreamLine) and any evidence of tampering.

hi all i am new on this site just to let you know that my card was cloned someone used it in bangkok i tracked back where i used my card as i try to keep to a pattern and check my bank quite regular on this occassion i used my card to purchase petrol in lordship lane garage (the other end of it) this is where i belive my card was cloned as at this particular week i did not use my card except in this place so take care all and check your bank regular i have got all my money back now my bank and bank charges it took my bank 1 week to return my money but it is the inconvience of matter

its actually really great fun to write long messages with absolutely no grammatical use whatsoever including the full stop im on holiday tomorrow i cant wait ill be skiing on the pistes of the three vallies fortunately ive not had my card used in the aforementioned manner but i wont be using petrol stations in east dulwich definAtely not have fun everyone

btw if you wirte in a way scuh as tihs, most poeple can sitll undrestand it

well th epolice told me that they will not give me a crime number on this because they said that they was doing all the work and the banks were sitting back letting the victims and police do all the work they said it is up to the banks to find out who is commiting these i do understand what the police are saying so once the bank has the info as to where the cards are cloned then the poice wil act in arresting these people apparently it is a new act that came into force either this feb or last

I phoned the LL police station. I cannot recall the name of the person I spoke to. As with 'Lilly123', they told me that it was up to the bank to investigate, and communicate with the police. They had no interest whatsoever in my call!

The police are definitely not interested, someone used my card last year to buy themselves an all singing all dancing bluetooth mobile phone. They forgot to change the default address for the card so it arrived at my house instead of theirs. I reported it to the bank, cancelled my card, and the bank reclaimed the fradulent payment. At the bank's request I reported it to the police and was told that their Fraud Squad would call me. To this day I have never heard a word from them, which is actually a breach of the Police Act but all too common.

Apparently due to a change in the laws which was supposed to make reporting of this sort of thing easier you have to report it to your bank first if your card has been cloned, then they should tell the police. Don't go straight to the police because they will send you back to your bank.

Ive have just tried to use my credit card for a ?7 purchase and guess what ?

yes -it appears Ive been on a spending Spree in Thailand .Nrs Snorky is asking questions and doesnt beleive me when I tell her I didnt go to bangkok on Monday and try to buy some gaudy jewellery.

Now then.

I have not use * PETROL STATION MARE REMOVED* for some time, but I did fill up about a week a go at * PETROL STATION NAME REMOVED* near Goose green. ( Paul McCartney & Wings may recognise the name of this vendor )

this is karma - get rid of the Fat Wheelz and I will be forgiven.

Not much - they will launch an investigation etc - the odd thing is that they got My PIN number as well as the card number - suggesting that ( as I suggested much earlier ) the much heralded Chip & Pin system has been utterly infiltratred by the stripey jumper and mask wearing underclass.Not tsoenmthibng they want to advertise as you may guess.

at least with Ole Skool Crdit cards, you had to practice the signature to a passable standard - not its just a matter os cloning a card and memorising a 4 digit PIN number and visiting a handful of nominated "friendly" retail outlets in bBangkok or Egypt.

It sure beats selling skag or burglary as a career choice I have to admit

As someone else pointed out... modified chip and pin machines can store the pin number as well as copying the data on the strip. So while chip and pin makes physical card theft harder, it may actually make card copying easier!