Prowler alert Underhill Road

JDR

Husband came home late tonight, thankfully a little before we came back to find a young man being questionned by the police in front of house. It seems he was very likely to have been a look out as there was evidence that someone had got into our garden via a neighbours garden as a fence panel had been removed. The police sent a van and sniffer dogs but no other person was apprehended and no entry had been made into our home but if it hadn't been for a neighbour reporting odd behaviour of two men we would gave probably been burgled... please be vigilant

In another post you say, I think, that this took place between Langton and Melford - this part of Underhill is right on the border between two wards (ED and College, it will be just in College) - with two neighbourhood 'police' groups butting up to each other (and possibly relying on the other to patrol this area). It would be good if both neighbourhood policing groups were aware of this issue, but I fear possibly neither will be, or will see it as being on the other's patch. Worse, it is also on the border point between Lewisham and Southwark (actually that border runs through Wood Vale) - again this puts it on the border of, and thus possibly ignored by, two police Divisions.

I would like to think that these issues were being liaised about across all the groups involved, but I am sanguine about this.

However, it is good to see reported police activity actually before the event, as it were - so maybe my fears are groundless.

I had someone hanging around the private grounds behind my flat on Underhill Road this morning. My neighbour questioned what he was doing, as he was there for a few minutes, looking as though he was scoping out the building. He said he thought there was a church there?! And then he went off on his way.

I was also burgled in November last year so being extra vigilant.