Digital ID Cards

JohnL

There is a lot of evidence pointing towards the introduction of digital ID cards at the moment with recent events. Pritti Patel saying this morning she may want to track people on Twitter - well that needs a digital ID.

Now is the time to do it if thats your aim (I remember Blair wanted ID cards) as lots of right wingers calling for them without realising their Covid vaccination status and other data will no doubt be entered too as we progress.

If you have a passport or driving licence (both of which are linked) then there is already a form of digital id out there for you. Add to that credit / bank cards and loyalty cards plus other schemes and your digital footprint is complete.

I can't see the problem with having an ID card (be it digital) as unless you have something to hide then you have nothing to fear

Plus it may well sort out social media as trolls will have no where to hide ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

This is a perennial authoritarian solution looking for a problem, and each time it's shown that ID cards won't work, a couple of years later it's a new reason. It's to stop terrorism - no wait, it's to stop benefit fraud - actually, it's to save travellers the hassle of carrying a passport...

Patel's apparent enthusiasm for it in the wake of an assassination where the full facts remain to be established is sickening but not surprising.

Blair, Brown, Cameron and May managed to waste ?5 billion on this toss. Wonder which chum of the government will get the first contract? G4S, Serco, Capita, SopraSteria all rubbing their hands right now.

https://www.thejournal.ie/id-cards-row-uk-public-services-card-3570026-Aug2017/

I actually thought vetting made sure you are who you say you are (if you do it properly) and we at the moment don't have the resources to re-vet police officers.

I'd say requirement would be for a verification department that verifies the identity of every ID holder - or alternatively you just accept that many people will get (or worse collect and sell) fake identity cards and accept that.

If you've ever been asked to identify yourself online then services like the post office verify service check you are who you say you are by looking at your existing digital documents and information so I suspect services like this will be used rather than the sort of vetting done by police and other key organisations.

I think that microchipping people would be the best way forward and understand government is speaking to Bill Gates about how this could be achieved through fabricating a pandemic, and then a national vaccination programme where a chip could be hidden in the vaccine.

Remember, I told you first.....

Angelina Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I think it's ok.

>

> I have nothing to hide and trust my Government to

> do it properly

The Govt?s track record so far on ?Brexit? and the Pandemic would indicate we can have every confidence in their abilities.

Angelina Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I think it's ok.

>

> I have nothing to hide and trust my Government to

> do it properly

Hahahaahaaaaaahaahaahahahahaha?๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Thanks, I needed a laugh.