Barnes wetlands

Lynne

If any of you are members, beware when you park now. Just had a parking fine because the regs have changed and members, although they can park free, have to register. Husband visited, as he has been doing for years, didn't notice any signs telling him to do so, neither did the staff inform him

So we're ?60 worse off. We will probably cancel our membership, so who's winning here? The parking company is the only answer.

Just as with supermarket car parks: don't pay the penalty, ask for its withdrawal, providing evidence of your being a 'customer' (member in this case) and having been making a visit then. I'd start with the organisation itself first, and see if they can see to it. It will be good for them to be aware how members can not be aware of the change. I'm reminded of Tessa Jowell centre, where some car park users there were initially unaware of the need for registration. When I first checked then there was precious little internal signage - an A4 typed notice stuck on a pillar - and the monitors for the data entry were tiny, obscurely placed, and could be easily overlooked. When I went there last week there were custom-made signs inside with reminders.

"There is free parking for visitors to our wetland centre, please input your car registration details at admissions." https://www.wwt.org.uk/wetland-centres/london/plan-your-visit/directions/

• 3 weeks later...