Peckham's Finest

Spartacus

Hadn?t heard of this and just put it on in the background. Quickly became obsessed by bus continuity ( no buses in initial shots and then at about 15 mins in onward there are blurry background glimpses now and then). If they filmed it all in advance and are now having to add in the occasional bus so it seems to be more real time, that must be a right pain for them. (I used to flat with a guy who advised film crews on weather continuity, it ruined me for life).

Not going on my must watch list, but then I don?t watch TOWIE, MiC etc, def not the target audience!

I caught an interview on the BBC London news with two of the stars. Sounded interesting characters.

Thinking about Peckham, Only Fools and Horses wasn't representative. Desmonds was great. There was a programme ten or 15 years ago where posh young ladies spent time with Peckham locals, which was quite fun. I can't normally watch ITV2 so will give the new series a miss. What a snob eh.....

I don't know about Peckham of 40 years ago, and never watched the gnomes of Dulwich, or listened to the Penge Papers (from the 60s/80s)

http://www.crystalpalacefoundation.org.uk/shop/novels/penge-papers

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0063903/

Oh dear? that?s quite an old mindset not watching the other BBC channels as some kind of snobbery

I know it is, because I used to be the same. But stretch yourself, there?s some gems in there and in BBC3 even

The new music show with DJ Target, very good and current. It basically follows the Jools Holland template for a show. If it ain?t broke and all that ?

What?s the name of the the new Peckham show?

Watch BBC4 while you can - it is being cancelled and its output blended into BBC2, etc. (It does have a lot of repeats, I know, but they are of quality and in-depth programmes.) BBC3, once cast into the wilderness of the internet, is now back on as a standard TV channel so 4 has to go.

As for the new show, not my cuppa tea and I think the genre is starting to show its age on all channels and with all subjects. Something else will come along to replace it eventually. Big Brother and Sylvana Waters were the early examples of reality, all the way back into the late nineties for the latter so I can't see this type of show lasting much longer than '25.

How very dare you Seabag. I have been known to watch the other side (memories of when we only had two sides as our telly couldn't get BBC2). Tour de France is on ITV4 and you can have guilty pleasures of Midsomer Murders and the like on ITV4. I occasionally flick on to ITV2 at night to catch Family Guy - but after 20 odd years it is no longer a must see. I'm not sure about ITV (1), if I recall correct much of the cutting edge was lost when it became one company and Thames, Granada and the like became (often good) production companies. And I come from an age when Lew Grade and ATV/ITC ruled the air waves - Saint, Prisoner, Man in a Suitcase, Avengers, Gerry Anderson, Muppets etc etc (although looking back on Wiki one has to agree it seemed like many programmes were made for Birmingham Alabama not Birmingham England.

Shame about BBC4. Quality. Quite happy to access the trashier BBC3 programmes on I-player. Used to enjoy Channel 4 more for quality programmes but I don't know what happened to this channel. Did it go down market or have my tastes changed.

Like most got drawn into the early series of BB, and the Beeb did some good fly on the wall stuff such as Paddington Green. Listen more to Radio 4 now, but not really a convert.

C4 is either dire or diamond, so much so it?s not on my regular radar now.

I thinks some formats, Bb BGT & X Factor/ The Voice all suffered of late so the host channel suffered with it.

I?m much more into program?s rather than shows now, if that makes sense