Sydenham school fire?

JDR

• 2 years later...

Sydenham school is one of the most homophobic schools i’ve ever had an encounter with, i sent my daughter here and she is apart of the lgbtqia+ community. I sent her thinking this was a positive environment but it was in fact the opposite. my daughter experienced severe homophobic bullying from students and staff at her time at the school, I had no choice but to pull her out of the school as she was highly depressed from all the bullying. 

Sandra

• Sad 1

On 16/07/2024 at 22:13, Sandra1247 said:

Sydenham school is one of the most homophobic schools i’ve ever had an encounter with, i sent my daughter here and she is apart of the lgbtqia+ community. I sent her thinking this was a positive environment but it was in fact the opposite. my daughter experienced severe homophobic bullying from students and staff at her time at the school, I had no choice but to pull her out of the school as she was highly depressed from all the bullying. 

Sandra

That is terrible. Did you take it up with the staff concerned? And/or the head teacher? 

My youngest was bullied at Sydenham (which i was not aware of until her form teacher rang me). Daughter decided to confront the bullies, and reported them to both form teacher and head of year. With the support of the school, she informed the bully's parents what she had endured and was not bullied again. This was many years ago and daughter is now a 38  year old teacher of pupils from 14 onwards. She looks out for signs of bullying and is ready to step in when necessary.

• Like 1