Recommendation for Roofing, Scaffolding and External Masonry Decorating

LadyHeard

I have just had such a positive experience getting our roof works and external masonry decoration completed that I wanted to recommend our tradespeople as it's really hard to get the right people some times.

Our house is a bit of a nightmare it's above a shop and so getting work done is very tricky because of access.

We used Russell Perrin from RJP Roofing (07852 972052 [email protected]). He's pretty busy but was definitely worth the wait. Russell was the only one of 6 roofers we contacted who was able to give us a proper quote by running up a ladder at the back and having a look. Several others quoted us random numbers without even gaining access and several decided we would need to spend over ?700 just for them to quote as they wanted scaffolding up to quote. At the time we weren't sure whether it was just a lose tile so we were relieved that Russell was so "can-do".

As it turned out our entire roof needed replacing. Russell took photos of our roof and explained what the problems were he gave several different cost options and talked through the merits of different approaches. He continued to send photo updates throughout the job and worked quickly and efficiently. When there was a problem or something came up he was quick to inform us and we really appreciated his honesty. He and his team have done a great job and were reasonably priced and we'd highly recommend them.

Russell recommended Mark as our scaffolder (Mark - 07967 601627 [email protected]).Mark was great. He took on the liaison with the council for the permits and dealt with the council inspection. Mark kept us up to date with what was going on and liaised with the tradespeople to ensure the scaffolding went up at the right time and the job got done. If you need a scaffolder then we highly recommend Mark. it was a breath of fresh air to work with someone so responsive and helpful.

Whilst we had the scaffolding up we decided to fix a crack in our roof masonry and fix the masonry and paint work around the windows. We used BerDec Decorators for our external decorating and they were great (Dave Franklin - 07956 688622 [email protected]). Dave knew Russell already and they all worked together to get the job done under tricky and time sensitive conditions. We're really pleased with the decorating and would use Dave again. I particularly liked how responsive he was and how he kept us updated on the job without being chased.

All in all, we've had a great experience getting our roof and masonry done which isn't our usual experience of tradespeople.

I just want to add my recommendation for both Russell & Mark. Russell and his team have just replaced my slate roof. They have done a beautiful job for a reasonable price. Russell arranged for the scaffolding through Mark and, again, they did an excellent job. They all worked incredibly hard, talked me through the work done each day. Russell's expertise is obvious and in contrast to several others who provided quotes. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Russell for roofing and Mark for scaffolding.

• 2 months later...

Archived