Furniture, crockery etc to help young mum

leahb

Hello,

A friend of mine is moving into a flat with her young son. However it is completely unfurnished so I was hoping some people might be having a pre-Christmas clear out to help her make it a bit more functional and comfortable!

If you have any of the following items that you would be happy to give away, please let me know. For any bigger items I will need to organise hiring a Zip van so please bear with me, but hoping to collect items with in the next fortnight if possible.

Items needed:

Double bed

Double mattress

Small table or cabinet that would work as a bedside table

Lamp

Clothes rail or wardrobe (will need to be a flat pack one to fit inside!)

Table and chairs

Sofa

Coffee Table

Washing machine

Cooker (or a toaster oven / plug in hob to tide her over until she can get a cooker)

Kettle

Cutlery

Plates & bowls

Cups & glasses

Pots & pans

Cooking utensils

Thank you for any items you are able to donate.

In addition to potential donations here, you may want to check out these two websites that are very helpful:

The Turn2Us website [www.turn2us.org.uk] - they not only have advice on accessing benefits but also grant-giving trusts who you can contact for assistance on a variety of levels. You do a search using filters i.e. location, health, children etc. As well as providing grants for a variety of purposes there is also other support available.

Also Acts 435 is a charity set up by the last Archbishop of York that provides small grants via crowdfunding. You would need to find the local advocate, often a church, and apply through them [https://acts435.org.uk/join/advocates?region=london ].

No you definitely do not have to give things away first on Freecycle. I'm sure when your friend finds her feet she will be able to donate in the future. It's all about reducing landfill and helping others in need - your friend fits that criteria perfectly. You can also post wanted posts there. Good luck and well done for being such a support for her.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived