Abusive people in Dulwich Park just now

Angelina

That's true, Sue.

I'd prefer to advise to walk away rather than engage in stupid conversations with people like this.

I don't think there was any physical danger (not with our huge dog there) .... but it doesn't mean these people are not capable of physical abuse as well.

Angelina Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> My teen is 17 but emotionally fragile and

> struggles with anxiety and their father had just

> passed away

Whatever the circumstances, this abuse was uncalled for and totally out of order.

A rude but never the less completely legal comment out in public.

There are a lot more important issues to worry about in life.

The days are long gone when you could expect 99% of people to act politely, graciously & considerately.

Long long gone, roundabout 1995.

UK proper third world crime ridden failed state. Heading for another war on fake premise.

Given 95% of burglaries currently unsolved as an example, let?s focus on actual crimes. Except for made up non ?hate? crimes or snowflake garbage that does not exist that police time money effort is wasted on!!!

I?ll shut up now you get my drift. 🤪

A few points to make after following this discussion.

I've lived in and around the area for decades yet never seen or heard of antisocial behaviour in the park. Of course this doesn't mean it doesn't happen

The thread is about the treatment of an individual rather than a general information point warning others. It is difficult to judge how much of this is parental anxieties. To be fair I am sure that they are particularly vulnerable. But I have come across many examples of parents wrapping their children in cotton wool

I don't buy the reactionary stuff about the world getting more dangerous.

There is a balance between protecting your children and teaching them to be assertive and independent.

The posts about fight fire with fire only inflame situations and you lose all moral high ground.

Late into this I know, but I have a relative by marriage who is quite far along 'the spectrum' and has almost no filter - she is likely to express opinions which sound (but which are not meant) as intrusive and personal. I can quite imagine that someone who is sensitive could well respond very badly to hearing her, even though the last thing she would want to do is offend; she just doesn't realise when she is doing so. So whilst there are certainly people out there who are intentionally rude and offensive there are also those who come across as such, but quite unintentionally. The 'problem' is theirs, and not those they have offended. The original remark recorded may very well have been intentionally unpleasant, but I can also hear my relative saying it without any intent to offend, but simply as a thought she has voiced out aloud, probably without even really realising it.

Waseley Wrote:

> I've lived in and around the area for decades yet

> never seen or heard of antisocial behaviour in the

> park. Of course this doesn't mean it doesn't

> happen

I was robbed at knifepoint in the park in about 1991. A man was stabbed in an unprovoked attack and put in a coma in 2017, which was quite widely reported. I can't be bothered to do the research but I'm sure there would be a reasonable amount of other antisocial activity of varying seriousness in the 26 years in between.

The "the old days were better" line is nonsense. Striking that 1995 was chosen as rhe year the good old days ended- that's actually the year that violent crime peaked in this country! It shot up between 1981 and 1995, and has dropped off massively since then.

It's remarkable that those who moan about "snowflakes" are often those who are most sensitive themselves. In this case, we have someone suggesting there are more important things in life to worry about than rude remarks...and yet they themselves started multiple threads on this forum and contacted the council multiple times because a rude librarian hurt their feefees! 🤣

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/crimeandjustice/articles/thenatureofviolentcrimeinenglandandwales/yearendingmarch2020#long-term-trends-in-violent-crime

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/oct/20/dulwich-park-attacker-convicted-at-inner-london-crown-court

Yeah how is this thread still going?

Seems contributors are trying to weave in by stealth their own hobby horse topics

The rude librarian:-

Point is member of the public being rude was NOT being paid public money to provide a service, funded by way of compulsory taxation & obligated to do so professionally

That?s the difference

Rudeness, bad manners, abuse in the street park or pub or road rage I would be writing issues all day 365 days a year

Anyone is entitled to say legally say what they want out in public, given a few limits

Said individual (back to post) should have learn to make equally rude comeback

Someone close the thread 🙄

Brideshead Wrote:

>

> Said individual (back to post) should have learn

> to make equally rude comeback

That remark is rude and uncalled for. Have you not read the thread?

> Someone close the thread 🙄

Why? Because you don't like it? Why are you reading it and posting on it, then?

was insensitive and unkind! even if you child is over weight, no one has the right to critisize them! im sure if they were told they look ugly and old they wouldnt like it, so everyone needs to learn NOT TO JUDGE AND BE KIND!

TRUST ME, OVER CRITICAL PEOPLE ARE NOT HAPPY SOULS......

HOPE YOU CHILD WAS NOT TO HARMED BY THEIR UNREASONABLE, UNNECESSARY COMMENT!

Legally they DO have the right.

Morally is a different matter.

Bit of a waste of the EDF this discussion tho? if this is worst someone encounters in a South London park in 2022, then it?s passed me by that we have achieved utopia. 🤪

Maybe I?ve missed something about this post!

A waste of the EDF? 🤣 It was kind enough to host your multiple threads about you not liking someone's demeanour in a library! https://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/read.php?5,2248920,2249155#msg-2249155

Of course, if someone being rude to you is the worst someone encounters in a South London library in 2022, then it?s passed me by that we have achieved utopia. 🤪

Difference is I?m PAYING for it through my council Tax. That is tax for me and all the others who raised it, to have p!ss taken out of us by a public servant funded by us the public

Me thinks it?s the second time I?ve explained this to you

If it was just some random in the street (or park!) bring it on as it costs me nothing

That?s the same reason why I?m happy, no delighted, to entertain your everlasting trolling Dogkennel 😘