New to the area - houses next to Sainsbury?s

Hello,

I am moving to the area, into the houses close to Sainsbury?s (Talbot/Burrow/Abbotswood) and I wanted some information about the area and specifically that neighbourhood.

I have read that there have been instances of people breaking into sheds and jumping into gardens. Are these one off instances or do these happen a lot there due to how isolated those houses are?

Also do people look out for each other there? I assume the area is made up of families and professionals.

I've noticed a big brown building in the background and I've heard this is a private property where doctors and nurses who work at the nearby hospital live. Is that correct?

Any other information about those houses would be useful and any tips / things to watch out for?

thanks,

Hi upthefoxes,

I've lived in the area you mention for 10 years. Yes, as reported on EDF, there were a spate of break-ins along with a lot of East Dulwich. I haven't heard of anything recently happen though, and fingers crossed may this long be the case. In the years I have been here this is the only spate I know of.

I know my neighbours very well and we look out for one another. As it's a bunch of cul-de-sacs you see the same people and get to know them which are mainly families and professionals.

From the best of my knowledge the building you mention is residence for local doctors and nurses. I'm in close proximity of it and it has never caused a problem.

I feel safe here and love where I live, although my friends tell me it's a little Brookside. Hey, if I can park my car outside my house, give me Brookside any day of the week !

Hope this helps but feel free to private message me if you have any other questions.

LuvED

Thanks everyone for your responses (through thread and privately).

It's so nice to see a sense of community and caring in ED through this forum! We didn't expect any replies because its London and people are too busy to care but this forum is great.

LuvED - thanks for the above and looking forward to moving to brookside!