Looking for a Nanny (RIE/Pikler/Steiner/Montessori)

Hi,

My husband and I are looking for someone calm and kind to look after our 2 year old 3 days a week (Tues-Thurs, 8-6pm ish, 30 hours a week). The role also involves school pick up/drop off for our 4 year old who is at Edmund Waller primary school, and spending time with them both, preparing meals etc after school and in some of the holidays.

Driver would be a bonus but not essential.

My eldest loves drawing, music and listening to stories. At the moment he is interested in space, the ocean and nature.

My youngest loves puddles, sand and machinery.

The both love music, cooking, gardening and reading stories.

We are an outdoorsy family.

RIE philosophy (Janet Lansbury/Magda Gerber) is central to how we try and do things - so we?re looking for someone who is familiar with this approach or has a keen interest in furthering their knowledge in respectful care approaches.

We are also interested in other alternative models of education and parenting such as Montessori, Waldorf/Steiner, Forest School, Aware parenting, the Pikler approach. So would welcome applications from anyone who has experience in these areas.

Please get in touch if you'd like to find out more and to see if we might be a good fit.

Thank you!

Zara

Archived