Ergo or manduca sling?

klove

Has anyone got any preferences? We have a three month old who is growing fast (and is uber heavy) and I'd like a sling that gives good back support before he cripples me.

Narrowed it down to the ergo or manduca but it's such a lot of money I (or rather my partner) needs convincing its a good investment!

3rd Sling Library.

We've just got a Manduca.Love it. There is a stage around 2-3 months were baby might be 2 big for the newborn insert but a little small for without, this stage doesn't last long though.

The Boba 3G is also worth looking at.

I have an ergo and love it but I tried on a manduca and I have to say it was incredibly comfortable, I'm sure one of their designs has a zip extender too for taller babies, unless I'm mis remembering,

Best to hire one and try it for a couple of weeks to be sure. The sling library is brilliant for this.

I'd always say Manduca over Ergo, it's just a far superior soft structured carrier IMO. I love it so much I just bought my new baby her own so we can be a two-Manduca family at weekends (still fits our strapping 2.7yo)! I carried her in it yesterday, she's 9lb 3 at just over a week old and despite my c section scar and the fact I hastily adjusted it due to horrid weather, it was SO comfortable and she felt light as a feather. Can't recommend it enough personally.

I have my sling consultant friend sat next to me & have just shown her this thread http://www.birthsupportandmore.com/ she says that both slings are good. but be wary of buying either online as there's a lot of counterfeiting going on (particularly with Ergo) and the fakes just don't have the safety features in them. So best to steer clear of ebay for this purchase.

Thank you Simonethebeaver! My little girl (Verity) is 10 days old today and amazing! Didn't manage a VBAC in the end - got to 10cm in the pool but baby remained high, back to back and stargazing and couldn't descend (again) - seems that while I make nearly 9lb babies, I have a pelvis more befitting of my size 3 shoes!! Recovering really well though and enjoying back to back paternity leave then Easter hols, yay! Hope all is well with you and yours including bump xx

Went to the sling library, as suggested - thanks, and Emily was so helpful. Would really recommend a visit she has a really good range and lots of advice. Decided on the manduca in the end but was impressed by the pognae sling too. Just goes to show there's more then just the baby bjorn out there!

It's good but it's just not as good as the Manduca IMO. It's less adjustable, less suited to a bigger baby/toddler and less supportive. It's still great but not as strong a SSC as the Manduca. Very pretty prints though! I also prefer the closeness of fit in the Manduca, the Gemini has a lot of padding which is comfy but I prefer the snug fit of the organic material the M is made of. Hth!