Dulwich Hill SNT Police meeting.

Dulwich Hill Safer Neighbourhood Team will be holding a face to face meeting at Christ Church on Weds 20th April 6.30 pm. Meeting is open to all residents and business owners of Dulwich Hill ward. Meet you local police team and ask questions relating to crime/safety etc.

Afternoon

Just to inform you that we have finally started up our Ward Panel meetings and will be holding one on Wednesday 20/04/2022 at 18.30 at Christchurch on Barry Road. It would be great to see you there after such a long time. Please could you forward on this email to any of your contacts who live or work in Dulwich Hill.

Also we are running a smart survey (the link is on Twitter/nextdoor) we would like to get the resident views on what issues they are most concerned about so we can set the ward priorities at this meeting.

Thanks from the SNT.

• 2 weeks later...

Very disappointing turnout - myself, husband, 3 local residents, Councillor Maggie Browning, 3 members from the SNT,

Apologies from 2 other regular members. We met one of the new SNT officers for the ward (2 new constables were appointed) plus Simon our long standing officer.

People complain that police are not visible in the area, but seem reluctant to come to meetings `where they can air their views and be informed of crime statistics etc for the area.

Next meeting will be in July.

The timing of these meetings is very difficult for anyone with primary aged kids to attend though - 6:30 on a school night is tea time / bath / bedtime. I'm not saying a different time would definitely get more input, but maybe asking in a survey if people would attend if at a different time could be indicative? One of the good things for families and something that allowed greater engagement was actually more things being on zoom. Perhaps the future is a hybrid approach?

I have had an agenda and last Minutes via Neighbourhood Watch friend not living in my road, for Dulwich Village ward meeting of the team with Safer Neighbourhood Panel next Monday at the Dog. Public meeting presumably. Anyone ever been to the one for Village ward?

Goldilocks, if these meetings run on, I think it is important to start early, and after all, you could still turn up a bit later couldn't you?