New cafe next to la locale

Convex

Went here again today and had food this time - we had two of their sandwiches. Mine was chicken, red cabbage, mayo on sourdough - can honestly say it was the nicest sandwich I've had in a while - fresh ingredients, artisan bread, good size and very reasonable price. My mum raved about hers too! We both had fresh juices which were lovely. My son had a grilled sandwich, a fresh juice and an ice cream all for only ?4.50 which I thought was cracking value. The staff were friendly, attentive and welcoming. They had a specials board of lovely other dishes from quiches to meat dishes. Can highly recommend this now for both the coffee and the food. The final bill for us all was under ?20 which I think is great value.

• 3 weeks later...
I love Anetocafe! I work around the corner from there so I get my sandwiches from them. The chicken sandwich with red cabbage on sourdough bread is my favourite. The staff are lovely, I always feel welcome & they're always smiling. The cafe opens up onto the street, the seats outside are sheltered so you don't have to worry about getting blown about if its windy. They've just opened up an ice cream stand inside with lots of different flavours. Great for kids (& adults) who doesn't like ice cream?!

My parents tried to go here today but they said it looks as if it has closed down?! I hope this is not true as I thought it was a fantastic place. I know locale next door has closed but I thought someone else had said they had asked in Aneto and were told they would not be affected by the closure of Locale - can anyone confirm this? My Dad said it looked like building works were taking place. I'm really hoping he got it wrong and looked at Locale by mistake!

It's not closed, they've just shut for a couple of weeks because the works next door are causing too much of a disruption - spoke to the owner there on Monday who said that much as it pains him to shut already, he just doesn't think it makes the best experience for customers to sit in noise and dust, plus he's had issues with the builders cutting off water, elec etc

Should be back in business in a fortnight :)

Pilsbury Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> It's not closed, they've just shut for a couple of

> weeks because the works next door are causing too

> much of a disruption - spoke to the owner there on

> Monday who said that much as it pains him to shut

> already, he just doesn't think it makes the best

> experience for customers to sit in noise and dust,

> plus he's had issues with the builders cutting off

> water, elec etc

> Should be back in business in a fortnight :)

Thanks for the info - so relieved it is only temporary as I really enjoy the coffee and food here. Just sorry that someone else's building works have impacted on this new business to the point where he's had to close.

• 2 years later...