Guitar & Music Lessons for All Ages

willwhite

Hello.

My name is Will.

I teach guitar, bass, keyboards and music production to all ages.

I mainly teach practically without too much emphasis on theory, although, this is tailored to the student.

I love working with kids and adults alike.

Years of experience in one-on-one private tutoring.

I am a professional musician & songwriter, when not teaching I am touring and recording.

I teach from my home or my studio, both in Peckham Rye for £30 per hour

I am currently taking on new students.

Please get in touch, I would love to hear from you

Will

[email protected]

Edited by willwhite

I've been taught guitar by Will for about 3 years now and thoroughly recommend him :-)

He's a really inspiring teacher and has helped me learn many new styles and compose my own songs.

Pls PM me if you've got any questions.

• 1 month later...

I have two children of polar personality’s. One who practices daily, loves song recommendations and cares whole lot about being perfect. The other child wants only chaos and to make up songs and lyrics on the spot. Will is the only guitar teacher (we have had six) who can teach both challenging boys in a way that they find fun, engaging and inspiring. Will has been our guitar teacher and all round great house guest for over four years!

We recommend you hire him daily!

Arthur 14

It’s great having Will teach me guitar, it’s the highlight of the week and I love the variation he induces between the academic and liberal sides of guitar learning.

Roland 11

Five stars!!!!

Best guitar teacher in the world.

Carry on forever.

Hey Paddy,

Give me a call when you are free and we can find a time that works.

Cheers

Will

Hey there, what availability do you have starting soon - 14 yr old son with a guitar he has (he has some form of tuner on it)

We live close to Peckham Rye park too.

Cheers

Paddy

• 2 months later...
Will is a great teacher and a top bloke. I went to him because I felt like my playing had reached a plateau; I was strumming the same old stuff, struggling to challenge myself and had fallen into various bad habits. Will helped elevate my playing, boost my confidence and made me more competent when it comes to finger picking, which is something I typically shied away from. He's patient, flexible and, as well as getting a lot out of the lessons, I've really enjoyed chatting to him about music and his life as a musician. I'd thoroughly recommend him. Gavin

• 3 months later...
Would be very happy to recommend Will who has been giving me guitar lessons since last summer. Guitar was something I came back to in lockdown, but only ever having been self taught I needed help moving up a level. Will has given me a better grounding of basic music theory which is more useful than I had anticipated and also helped me to explore improvisation and lead patterns with pentatonic scales etc. Lovely guy and patient too (which must help with me!)

• 8 months later...

Hello everyone,

I'm currently looking to fill some availabilities on a weekly basis. 

I enjoy teaching all ages. 

The lessons are rarely based on theory or any rigid musical structure and at times are more about finding creativity and expression through exploring with sound and music. In this way can be a good respite for children learning more traditional music lessons in school. Saying this, I also love to teach students how to play songs and how to make use of practical techniques.

Feel free to get in touch for times

I charge £30ph and teach from my studio in Peckham.

Will

• 3 weeks later...

I highly recommend Will as a teacher who is both empathetic and enjoyable.

I started learning when I was 18 years old and hadn’t picked up the guitar before. But straight away I felt comfortable with Will which made playing guitar exciting. His lessons became something I looked forward to in my week. We learnt my favourite songs, how they were made and then we them played together. 

Not only did Will open up the amazing world of music to me, he also helped me a grow a really strong passion for the things I do today. I am very grateful for meeting Will. He is a great role model. 

Edited by BenPritchard

• 4 weeks later...

Also highly recommending Will, who my 8-year-old son has been seeing for half hour guitar classes for the last year.  The relaxed approach, with emphasis on inspiring interest in music (& not just the guitar, as Will also has a drum kit in his studio) really suits my son. He loves this half hour of creativity.