English lang/lit and essay based tutoring, all levels, ages

Zacdrumbaker

I am an experienced teacher (and father of three) offering tutoring for all ages and levels for all essay based subjects. My priority is to foster the development of learner autonomy as a long-term life asset.

Having worked in senior schools as an English teacher (10 years), I have some personal insight into how young people need to be engaged in order to learn with a growth mindset. Schools are not well placed to encourage divergent thinking, but the creative mind requires this approach to solving problems in all areas of life. I do not teach compliance but do encourage discipline and ambition. This is evidently helpful for other age groups, as I found working with executives as a public speaking and business English coach in Italy.

I have also been teaching drums for many years which has offered further lessons about the embodied experience of learning. My approach is to share the experience of learning as a journey, be clear about where we are heading and plan the route with the student. Sounds awfully cheesy but it works. I am happy to travel to your home wherever possible.

[email protected]

07486 012182

Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In