Anti drag storyline protest in ed

Barwell

Hi everyone,

I was really shocked that a group called turning point UK are planning to protest at the great exhibition tomorrow (friday 11am) over a drag storyline event the pub hosted last year.

I was thinking what we could do to show solidarity with the drag community, and fight this wave of toxic division and ignorance that seems to be attempting to disrupt a peaceful and inclusive community in ed.

I have a link for the progress flag if anyone wants to print this and display it in their window tomorrow.

https://www.them.us/story/progress-pride-flag-intersex-inclusive-makeover

Obviously best to buy a window cling but in time for tomorrow a printed version is a quicker option!

A small gesture, but it sends a message to protesters that we stand against them, and a positive message to the drag community .

Just trying to help!

TPflyer.thumb.png.e374c450ead068005f2c6e131afee779.pngThis is why we will be going along to protest, whatever the weather. See their flyer, attached and a bit more info here about this right-wing youth group /“white supremacist” American import supported by the likes of Lawrence Fox aka panto dame 'Widow Wanky' and a few fake vicars - https://hopenothate.org.uk/2019/02/05/everything-need-know-launch-turning-point-uk/

It's going to be a non event

On no its not

Oh yes it is

There are no current plans for drag Queen story telling so not sure why anyone is going at all but each to their own and maybe everyone turning up will buy a drink or lunch and make it a goldmine event for the owners 😀