Is everyone's housework endless?

I don't iron any more, but for a while I did do my husband's shirts, on the basis that he does 90% of the cooking, which I don't enjoy, and he hates ironing, which I don't hate , it was a good deal. I feel like the house is always messy and with jobs needing done but a while back my husband just said 'we have 2 small kids - what do we expect?' and now I just try and remember that and relax a bit if I start stressing about it.

Another one who doesn't iron work shirts (or anything!) he does them himself, on a Sunday evening and I tend to chuck the odd dress of mine at him.

Yes housework is endless. I think I make it harder for myself by not being able to walk away from mess. Everything has to be fairly clean and tidy before I sit down in the evening. We don't have a cleaner (sore point between OH and I) and I work 3 days per week too. I find myself cleaning whenever I can really, usually when the oldest is amusing herself and youngest is asleep on my days off (ha). Or in the evenings when they're in bed.

I'm a bit lazy about cooking on the days I work though as the kids get all meals at nursery. We often just have hummus and pitta or leftovers, hate the thought of cooking (and messing up the kitchen) after a long day at work.

We do 1-2 loads of washing per day, kids clothes get absolutely filthy at nursery (including coats which get washed at least twice a week?!) plus OH cycling stuff. Bed linen definitely not more than every other week, mostly less and it doesn't get ironed. I am in awe or anyone who irons bed linen! It's a big treat to stay somewhere with nice smooth sheets though...

no, house is always a tip. I have been known to blitz it and actually send photos to my husband to prove our house can look nice. Cooking, kids, cats, dogs, laundry. It never lasts, but I know that sense of sinking when the house looks a complete mess.

Cannot afford a cleaner, and still haven't got the hang of this housekeeping lark (and I'm fifty!!)

So all about priorities. We have seersucker bed linen wherever I can get suitable stuff. There's a lovely company called JAnd B IMpress who come once a month to take away, iron and deliver back what cannot be worn unironed. Hubby does most of his shirts, some get sent out. Very few of my clothes get ironed. Very amused when my grandmother got too old to do own washing that my mum ( who irons sheets ) moaned that because my auntie ironed my gran's knickers, mum felt she had to too!! seriously neither of these are getting ironed here. No cleaner, 3 kids, part time City job. Hoover 1x per week. Washing every day. Sheets - with Mrs Tp.....,,o

It is an attitude thing. Some days you feel on top of it and some days not even if you have achieved the same amount.

Goodliz you say kind things but our house is in dire need of complete re-decoration and is full to the rafters with stuff - considering nominating the kids for that hoarders program. I ripped the stair carpet off in Jan 2012 before it fell off and caused a serious accident but over a year later it is a little embarrassing telling all we are starting to re-decorate and nothing has happened. Mr TP seems to think I should do it whilst kids at school but he should know I am too busy playing on ED Forum and ebay; he did manage the smallest room in the house earlier this year :)

Anyway, inspired by this thread I have blitzed one bedroom this am (changed 2 beds - shock horror) and shall try another bedroom this afternoon. Although, eldest off sick and wants me to watch trash tv with her, which sounds v inviting ...

It is definitely an attitude thing. I was pretty fed up before Christmas that not much got achieved. Still the same 6mths on but just not so bothered by it.

Mrs TP - as this is a bank holiday weekend and perfect timing for a blitz. I'm painting the loft this weekend as the conversion is just coming to an end. Husband always comes over a bit funny when he paints. Either he makes it up or is allergic to something in the paint.

Saffron - my sister's partner is a plasterer and has to wait ages for him to do stuff on their house too!

Well everyone hello.

My girlfriend has got no kids no job nothing , she stays in the house all day and sleeps all day and night. the kitchen bedroom study living room and every part of the house is a mess.

When i return home she argues with me all the time. Please tell me how can I make her do things.

thanks