Just hit a traffic island and broken a wheel - where to get new one?

crescent

Can anyone advise me? My DH has just hit a traffic island (hi-vis bollard is missing), and broken our front wheel - and we need the car Friday morning...

We'd know where to get a tyre from - but a wheel? Am at a loss...Any tips/ advice, so gratefully received...

thanks guys. We're with green flag, who are going to bring it back to the house (on dodgy road about a block away), but they won't fix it. Guess we'll have to call the Vauxhall garage tomorrow and brace ourselves... Might try Pellatt Road one too!

We did have spare - on Zafira it's located under the car, and it got nicked. Police told us it's a common crime: u can fit locks, but sometime thieves do more damage to car bashing lock open they said.

Great... ;-)

Hitting the kerb/island hard enough to break a wheel is likely to of done more damage

than can be seen at first glance..

This type of impact normally damages suspension components.

expect some type of control arm replacement being necessary at minimum.

From there, a mechanic will have to evaluate whether a sub-frame, mount, axle, hub, strut, shock, bearinsg,

or other miscellaneous parts are damaged

The Steering may of been damaged and wheel alignment will be out.

Foxy

Try Turners on Barry Road. I damaged my front wheel a few years back, and the suspension was knocked out of whack too (just about managed to drive home after the RAC had checked it out, at about 20pmh). They were very good, but it may depend on the make of car (mine is a Ford Fiesta). They are a garage that do repairs, but also have a tyre shop too (and rescued me on another occasion when I had a flat tyre).

Archived