Swear allegiance?

Jenijenjen

When public sentiment toward the coronation is lukewarm, it has now been decided that the public should swear allegiance out loud  to the new king and his descendants. Who is responsible for this ridiculous tone deaf idea? It’s totally put me off this Saturday’s event.

It all makes perfect sense if:

1) Charles actually genuinely, 100% believes in all the mythology. It's not all tradition and history to him. He really does believe that he is the protector of faith in this country, needs to wear the sorting hat 👑 , sit on top of the Stone of Scone

2) everyone else is fighting a culture war and are happy to say anything to please the gammons and own the pink-haired students

Reminds me of the scouting and guides movement, having to swear allegiance to God and to the monarchy.  We will be saluting the flag next.  Well it will be over and done with soon and we can move back to dodgy government etc.