Girls’ Net - mentoring in groups for girls

Hi there,

My name is Suzie and I'm a local SE22 resident and mum of two. I wanted to let you know about subsidised support available for girls aged 8-18 through Girls' Net, a national lottery funded programme developed by Kim McCabe, author of ‘Daughter to Woman’ and founder of Rites for Girls.

Girls' Net is a supported six-week journey for small groups of same-aged girls equipping them for times of challenge and change. The course is guided by a trained, insured and DBS-checked Girls' Net Mentor and provides age-appropriate support:

• Mentoring for girls to see them safely through challenging times
  • A safe space to talk while in the comfort of home
  • Sharing healthy ways of coping
  • Practising self-care
  • Building resilience and confidence
  • Support for school and life transitions
  • Belonging to a friendly, safe circle of same-age girls

It covers themes and topics such as: friendships, hopes for the future, keeping spirits up, standing up for yourself and finding your voice, accepting ourselves and each other, being okay about making mistakes, how to look after ourselves, managing big feelings, knowing what’s important in times of change, and asking for help.

Subsidised places are £20 per girl (usually £96). I'm aware of this opportunity as I’m training myself to be a Girls Net Mentor so that I can help address some of the pressures and mental health challenges that I see girls facing, especially since the Covid lockdowns. I would love it if more girls from the local community, who might not otherwise be able to access the course, could benefit while subsidised places are still available.

To find out more, or if parents would like to sign up their daughter for a subsidised place, they can visit: www.girlsnet.org. For any questions please contact: [email protected]

Please do feel free to pass this information and the attached flyer through your networks if you think others would be interested. The subsidised course will start in late September and sign-ups are open now.

Many thanks!

Suzie

Subsidised Girls' Net groups leaflet.pdf