Community Fibre ?? anyone taken it on ??

Hello, As the title says anyone taken on this new  Fibre Broadband  supplier ?  Have been with Sky broadband for a number of years but looking to get a new provider as the Sky coast have got so expensive

Have heard a lot of negative comments on the usual suspects " Virgin etc" .Just looking for something reliable and good value. Does it exist. 

Where you can, hard wiring using ethernet is the most successful and easy distribution method. You can use your ring main to port the signal using 3 pin ethernet adaptors (they have to be synced into each other). And then wireless for less data speed-critical applications. 

Link added for illustration, this isn't a recommendation, or not. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-Link-TL-PA4022PKIT-2-Ports-Passthrough-Powerline/dp/B07J652QRY/ref=asc_df_B07J652QRY/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=310776295886&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=13382404225903241858&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9045890&hvtargid=pla-587909909470&psc=1&th=1&psc=1

Edited by Penguin68

I was wondering about the wifi coverage over our little terraced house , at the moment with our Sky broadband we have one of there boosters upstairs and have to say we get good coverage all over the house, even on the patio. I wonder if you can buy a simple plug in booster from Amazon or ebay ? 

Sorry I just went to look and found my WiFi extender  is  Netgear, not TP Link.

I think the TP Link plugs I have are to link Alexa to lights etc plugged into sockets, but so far I've only got round to using one of them.

Have you checked when Community can do the install? It took us close to 9 months to get connected by BT after we placed the order. Do you a fibre cable to your property already as most require new cabling from the fibre box on the pavement outside your home.

Took BT about a month to install our new cable but it was a bumpy ride. At one point I was told installation would be December 23rd. It was actually the following Friday. Staff from Openreach were very helpful though a bit exhausted by the chaos.

The BT connection (£29.99 for two years) is fine. I'm in Nunhead.

Yes have spoken to Community fibre and they tell me a couple of weeks notice is adequate ?? We shall see.

I have been with BT or whatever they call themselves now in the past and wont be going back, any time soon, terrible service and people to deal with.

Thanks 

• 2 weeks later...

I have had it for months.  It is great to have a download speed of 400+ after BT gave me 11 at the most.  For the first year you are discounted and then for my band it costs £28.  Any difficulties you call the helpline and  it is sorted remotely - I haven't had problems however.

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/08/2023 at 22:27, HamletHubble said:

Where about in ED are you receiving Community Fibre? I have previously used them at my old rental in SW2, where they were fantastic I must say, but they currently state they are not yet in my new area in SE22?

I'd be interested to know this as well, as I'm thinking of moving from Plusnet