Gluten free flours (amaranth, millet, buckwheat)

Anybody selling these locally and at a honest price / quality? I browsed the offers on Amazon and are really impossible for me, sort of 8 -20£ per Kg 

Thank you, very helpful. Unfortunately the prices for these products are high everywhere. A pack of gluten free pasta is likely to cost 5 times the price of a normal wheat spaghetti product. In the last month since it turned out I have a huge problem with gluten (on top of other health issues) my expenses for food went up by 90% and expenses for over the counter products tripled. I know there will be adjustments to this horrendous spike in my budget once I get used to the new diet and understand  more of what I can and I cannot have but ... there is no doubt that celiac disease or non-celiac gluten sensitivity is quite expensive.   I found interesting choice of gluten free flours there and at another near by shop on LL,  Health Matters, and discovered that also at the big Sainsbury's they now  have some cheap offer that I am going to try for sure.  A diet with gluten free products plus seeds fresh fruits and veggies really costs a lot even when making lot of cooking and wise shopping.

Any info about promotions or commercial / non profit initiatives to make gluten free foods more accessible would be very appreciated. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for all the suggestions - it is good that there are many places around to try and find non processed foods. However gluten free and low sugar ingredients and products remain quite spare and expensive, the choice is often limited to one or two brands and also the variety of products is what it is. If you have serious health issues unfortunately there is not such a great choice. Big stores like Whole Foods and online shops have more to offer. Perhaps once we know what we can eat and the quantities needed it is easier to buy things here or there and also check for convenience / prices alternatives. For instance, Sainsbury's Gluten free pasta is quite nice but it contains E471 (typical of processed foods, mono and diglycerids of fatty acids are put into innumerable products) that my body cannot digest without 12 hours of discomfort. Other gluten free pasta brands (Freee, De Cecco, Seggiano) do not give me this problem but cost up to 6 times the price of Sainsbury's pasta.  I do not know if they have not declared E471 or they really have different manifacturing processes but the difference is enormous and therefore instead of eating pasta every day I prefer to eat it twice a week but without pain and see if I can cook and eat something else cheaper for lunch the other days (I have had pasta every day of my life for 60 years, so it is not easy to change). Pretty much the same can be said for several other products, the cheaper ones are amazing when they are ok  but are not ok for everyone and not at all times. 

Archived