Barclays Bank at Grove Vale Library

sunbob

I've just received this announcement from Barclays Bank:

'we're now visiting East Dulwich Library every Monday, Tuesday and Thursday from 10am to 5pm (closed 1pm to 1.30pm).

Although there's no cash service, we can help you with your everyday banking needs.

You can just drop in for a chat when we're open, or search 'Barclays branch finder' to get directions or to book an appointment. Your Barclays team'

I imagine they mean Dulwich library. Hope this is useful to someone.

Thank you for checking branch finder. I've changed the name of the thread to say Grove Vale Library.

Edited by sunbob
New information

• sunbob changed the title to Barclays Bank at Grove Vale Library
  • 2 weeks later...

I just received this clarification:

"we recently told you we're visiting East Dulwich Library. We're sorry if this caused confusion - we'll be at Grove Vale Library every Monday, Tuesday and Thursday from 10am to 5pm (closed 1pm to 1.30pm). Although there's no cash service, we can help you with your everyday banking needs. You can just drop in for a chat when we're open, or search 'Find Barclays' to get directions or to book an appointment. Your Barclays team"

3 hours ago, Froglander said:

The library is right next to Marks & Spencer at East Dulwich Station. Grove Vale is the name of that road.

The library is round the corner of M&S, down a little side road (I think the road is called Railway Rise).

Its door isn't actually on Grove Vale. It used to be once, but that was when the library was on the other side of the road. It moved.

19 hours ago, Sue said:

The library is round the corner of M&S, down a little side road (I think the road is called Railway Rise).

Its door isn't actually on Grove Vale. It used to be once, but that was when the library was on the other side of the road. It moved.

I had no idea there was a library there!

Why didn't they choose the library near the plough which is easier to find?

I imagine that you have not lived in ED for long - the new Grove Vale library has been open for some years. I agree Dulwich Library is bigger.

They used to have the Police Surgeries there some years ago  but there were complaints by users that there was not enough privacy.

49 minutes ago, Pugwash said:

but there were complaints by users that there was not enough privacy.

Just to confirm it is Grove Vale. Barclays hire a small room beyond the staff desk and the photocopier so that gives reasonable privacy. Is this just a money making scam for the council :-(.

I can think of a number of reasons why Grove Vale is preferable to Dulwich (transport of staff, suitable room...)

Barclays approached the East Dulwich Community Centre Last year to use their offices but they were not prepared to pay much per day. .Would cost the centre more in running costs i.e  heating, cleaning and caretaking. I gather Barclays also contacted the GP surgery near the Library who were prepared to rent out a room. Details of times were advertised but Barclays did not turn up.

On 18/10/2023 at 22:55, Sue said:

Found it , Spot on with your directions .    Cheers

5 hours ago, Pugwash said:

I imagine that you have not lived in ED for long - the new Grove Vale library has been open for some years. I agree Dulwich Library is bigger.

They used to have the Police Surgeries there some years ago  but there were complaints by users that there was not enough privacy.

I've lived in the area for 12 years.

On 18/10/2023 at 22:55, Sue said:

The address of the library is 18-22 Grove Vale SE22 8EF.  There are large vertical pavement mounted letters saying LIBRARY near the corner of Grove vale and Railway Rise.  The library is in the same building as M&S and attached at the side. If you walk on the pavement going to M&S or the station then I don’t see how it could be missed.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I have seen barclays staff in action in the room....  I have a barclays account but it isnt my main account.  I wonder if people have found the staff at G V library helpful (I can see positves and negatives between a room  in lbrary and a branch),