Bike stolen from inside hallway... can anyone help?

My boyfriends metallic blue Carrera Virtuoso bike was stolen this morning from his hallway. Have reported it to the police, and checked auction sites etc, but if everyone could look out for a bike resembling the one in the attachment(!) it would be much appreciated, and a reward is being offered. The bike had customised bar ends and water bottle holder, both in matching metallic blue.

Trying our best to get it back, and shocked and disgusted that the theives enetered the house in order to steal the bike! Have no idea how they entered but hopefully we will find out and be able to prevent this from happening again!

Thanks!

edited: forgot the attatchment, doh!

Assuming it's a shared hallway?

If so, his neighbours/housemates may have unwittingly given the thieves the opportunity ie left the door open/unlocked.

That's one theory.

NB: If so, and if he's making a claim, it may invalidate it.

I empathise with your bf.

Thanks for all the comments and suggestions!

Stacey-Lynn- yes it's a shared hallway. Originally we thought the neighbours bike had been stolen too, but we discovered that they were out with theirs.

Kylakevin- yes, will do!

Westnorwoodboy- hope you got yours back!? Will try those sites, we're staying hopeful!

Try Brick Lane on Sunday. It's a hotbed of stolen bikes from all over. I've heard of several successful reunions and if you do find it you can either 1. buy it back or 2. take it for a 'test drive' and disappear over the East End horizon. I know which I'd opt for. . .

Good luck.