Lloyds Pharmacy North Cross Road is closing

Lynne

I thought it was just going to be a change of ownership?

Can't say I'm surprised, I gave up on them a couple of years ago.  Communication was appalling and the layout of the store too claustrophobic not helped by lack of daylight.  Shame if it ceases to be a chemist/pharmacy because that's what it's been for a very very long time.

• Administrator changed the title to Lloyds Pharmacy North Cross Road is closing

You can change it yourself using the Patient Access website.   Possibly using an app, but I avoid that. 

i am currently with Sogim.  Really friendly but the don't do text notifications.  Which doesnt bother me (I had a run in with Day Lewis and previously Lloyds about this. THey dont send texts if only part of  your prescription is available.)

7 hours ago, Spartacus said:

This doesn't surprise me 

It's a pity as they do serve a lot of customers but have lost their way wirh customer service. 

Guess mass migration to other pharmacies is on the cards now.

Yes, 

I have to echo the issues with service standards. I've waited about 10miniutes by the till point waiting to be acknowledged whilst the Pharmacist was busy doing what Pharmacists do and the lady from the counter was faffing around just ignoring me.

Its almost like they don't want to help, give advice or even take money.

It felt like they'd given up long ago.

I feel sad for anyone who's lost their job due to the closure but in the last year or so its really gone downhill.

• 3 weeks later...

Nice to see the independent pharmacies succeeding where the chains are doing a poor job. I've never been to Sogim but Vale is very good, albeit a bit disorganised.

Co-op pulled out of the store that was the old Sogim. Day Lewis on Bellenden Road has the rudest lad on customer service (after visiting several times for my prescription, he snapped at me that I should stop hassling them until I received a text. I'm still waiting for the text and that's over a year ago now).

Lloyds have pulled out of Sainsburys and now North Cross Road. I never once managed to pick up a prescription without having to wait 15+ mins while they tried to locate it. So, no great loss, as long as the independents survive. I always try to buy something extra when I go into Vale.

• 2 months later...

After singing it's praises some months ago, I'm now finding Sogim seems to be having difficulties. Had trouble there with my prescription the last couple of times I've visited. With a heart complaint I don't want trouble (who does?) Whether they've now got too many customers after Lloyds closure or perhaps they've taken on Lloyds staff?

31 minutes ago, satsuma said:

Then you can guarantee that the delivery is going to be made to your house.

Only for those roads in ED still regularly supplied by postmen. Which seems a very variable feast at the moment. Although in the last few weeks we have had deliveries (but none yet so far this week) there were (literally) tens of months where a delivery a week was as good as it got - going back the 3 or 4 years since the real ED DO was closed (and not the outsourced DO in Peckham which is still called the ED DO, quite wrongly).

Amended to add - this covers those services where the Royal Mail is the delivery agent, I don't know whether other methods are used by some suppliers.

Edited by Penguin68

21 hours ago, Penguin68 said:

Only for those roads in ED still regularly supplied by postmen. Which seems a very variable feast at the moment. Although in the last few weeks we have had deliveries (but none yet so far this week) there were (literally) tens of months where a delivery a week was as good as it got - going back the 3 or 4 years since the real ED DO was closed (and not the outsourced DO in Peckham which is still called the ED DO, quite wrongly).

Amended to add - this covers those services where the Royal Mail is the delivery agent, I don't know whether other methods are used by some suppliers.

I have never had an issue with medication being delayed in the post or delivered late.

I don't know, but I think Royal Mail must treat it as priority.

Obviously if you need something urgently -  eg antibiotics - you would want to go immediately to a pharmacy, so Lloyds Direct wouldn't be appropriate.

The only time I ever used Sogim, I had a terrible experience. I wouldn't willingly go there again. I can't remember the exact details, but if memory serves I was kept waiting for an extremely long time (maybe half an hour) for a prescription which just involved getting a packet of something off a shelf and putting it in a bag, while they served everybody else who came in after me.

Perhaps they just don't have enough staff?

On 13/11/2023 at 20:55, ed26 said:

Nice to see the independent pharmacies succeeding where the chains are doing a poor job. I've never been to Sogim but Vale is very good, albeit a bit disorganised.

Co-op pulled out of the store that was the old Sogim. Day Lewis on Bellenden Road has the rudest lad on customer service (after visiting several times for my prescription, he snapped at me that I should stop hassling them until I received a text. I'm still waiting for the text and that's over a year ago now).

Lloyds have pulled out of Sainsburys and now North Cross Road. I never once managed to pick up a prescription without having to wait 15+ mins while they tried to locate it. So, no great loss, as long as the independents survive. I always try to buy something extra when I go into Vale.

Ileft Day Lewis  Bellenden rd for same reason. Have been told it is no longer a day Lewis and has new staff. In the mean time I have switched to Ropharms on Rye lane. Its a small family business and therefore has a vested interest in keeping it's users happy - I certainly am one of these.

That's good to know. Looks like Day Lewis pulled out in December and a new business (Pharmtrack Ltd trading as Bellenden Road Pharmacy) has taken on the licence to operate it. Good luck to them. Still very happy with Vale for prescriptions but good to know that there is an option.