Cherrycroft

Mums the word

Has anyone got anymore news about Cherrycroft Care Home, Dewar St, Peckham, SE15. All the enquiries I have made with CQC, Southwark Council have been futile. Someone out there must know! Is there a FOR SALE sign up? Come on my friends I am relying on you. Did I tell you, that I live in Spain and cannot do much investigating, although I will be in the UK in July for 6 weeks, so I will put my walking shoes on, go to Cherrycroft and ask some questions!

Regards

Jean

We've been wondering about this place too. I don't think there's a 'for sale' sign up. It looks like there's a caretaker keeping an eye on the place (the odd light on occasionally) but other than that it looks pretty deserted. The grass at the front hasn't been cut back in an age...

I don't know why they have closed but can only assume that the owners didn't think the site was viable as a business anymore. It seemed to be satisfactory at the last CQC inspection therefore I doubt they can shed anymore light on this. It is a shame Southwark cannot help as they will have had to rehome all the displaced residents so must have been aware. If you have concerns about something in particular, could you investigate the FOI (to southwark) request route?

Have you tried the last owners http://www.abbeyhealthcare.org.uk/index.html - they should be able to provide this info as they were the last owners before the home closed?

Hallo Julie.

Thanks for getting back to me.

My problem is that I have an ongoing complaint with Cherrycroft and LGO are dealing with the last stages. Southwark Council won't give me any information as they say that whilst the LGO are involved they are not allowed to speak or communicate with me, neither is Abbey Healthcare. If you are able to find any information on Cherrycroft it would be very helpful.

Regards

Jean Bradley