Lidl Peckham parking fine - advice please

EleanorT

Hello - I have just unearthed a parking fine when I ran over the allowed 1 and a half hours at the Lidl car park back in July.  Does anyone have any recent experience of this?  I have heard it said that these can be ignored but is that the case now?  I am new to this... I usually cycle - though I know this is a problem near where I live at Surrey Quays shopping centre too,  I wasn't shopping in Lidl unfortunately...otherwise I'd consider taking it up with Lidl.  Any recent experience would be welcomed. Thanks in advance. 

Pay? 

You say you weren’t shopping in Lidl. Enforcement, whether you agree or not is to keep spaces free for customers. Particularly at the moment that’s important. 

You say you ran over so you knew. Unless your reason for running over was unforeseeable it’s unlikely to be a reason to cancel the fine. 

Fines are now one of the costs of driving. If you were wrong pay, if there is a genuine reason not to pay challenge. I’ve done both. 

There are different types of parking fines with different fines and penalties. The first thing to establish is who issued or claimed to issue the penalty

This

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/law-and-courts/parking-tickets/appealing-parking-tickets/appealing-a-parking-ticket/

explains the first steps

Edited by Sally Eva
to add the link

The fine has been issued by Parkingeye.  Thank you Sally Eva.  I will look at the link.  I have often seen reports of people deciding to ignore these private car park fines and wondered if anyone had tried that approach! 

AylwardS I have never been at a time when spaces were lacking so I haven't ever deprived another driver from parking. Your comment regarding knowing is not terribly relevant and I haven't said I knew or why I ran over so let's not go jumping to conclusions!

I got caught last year at Lidl in Old Kent Road. had not been there before and assumed that it was 2 hour free parking as Lidl in Peckham was at that time. Was 10 minutes over their time (1.5 hrs) There were only 2 self serve tills working and only 2 assistant  managed tills so had to wait 15 minutes in queue as too much to use self serve . Not been back there since.